- Women’s Christian College was established in 1945 in Kalighat, Kolkata in the state of West Bengal. The College is affiliated with Calcutta University and accredited by NAACwith an A grade.
Courses offered by Women’s Christian College at the Undergraduate Level:
Eligible for candidates having passed 10+2 or equivalent in the relevant stream.
- Honours: Bengali, Sanskrit, English, History, Political Science, Philosophy, Sociology, Geography, Education and Economics.
- B.A. [Honours] – 83 Combinations
- B.Sc. [Honours] – 14 Combinations
- General: Bengali, English, History, Sanskrit, Political Science, Philosophy, Education, Sociology, Economics, Geography, Mathematics, Statistics and Journalism & Mass Communication.
- B.Sc. [Pure General] – 4 Combinations
- B.A. [General] – 6 Combinations
College Facilities :
- The Central Library of Women’s Christian College consists of a rich collection of books, journals and periodicals and provides access to various e-resources under the INFLIBNET program. The Library also extends services such as OPAC, lending, book bank, reprography, reference and institutional membership with the American Information Resource Centre.
- The College campus houses a Computer Education Centre for imparting knowledge in the fields of Information Technology using different software. The College focuses on providing exposure to the students about the digital world through theory and practical classes.
- The College is equipped with a hostel for students from outstations that provides a comfortable stay and the necessary facilities and amenities along with facilities for recreation and healthy and hygienic food.
Co Curricural Activities :
- The College provides the students with facilities to take part in various indoor and outdoor sports activities and encourages them to participate in other extracurricular activities such as National Service Scheme, Eco Club, Karate, etc.
Placement Cell :
- The Placement cell of Women’s Christian College offers training to the students to enhance the skills that will help them secure excellent jobs by inviting experts from industries. Students are introduced to various jobs that are available in the government and private sector along with the educational opportunities that can be taken up after their undergraduate degrees.
- Where is Women’s Christian College located in India?
Women’s Christian College is located in Kalighat, Kolkata in the state of West Bengal.
2. To which University is Women’s Christian College affiliated?
Women’s Christian College is affiliated with Calcutta University and accredited by NAAC with an A grade.
3. How many courses are offered by Women’s Christian College?
Women’s Christian College offers Undergraduate courses with 97 combinations in the honours and 10 combinations in the general category in the Science and Arts stream.
4. Does Women’s Christian College provide hostel facilities?
Yes, Women’s Christian College provides hostel facilities to the students who hail from outstations.
5. Does Women’s Christian College provide placement opportunities?
Yes, Women’s Christian College guides the students in acquiring placements in reputed companies by helping them develop their skills in various areas related to placement.
For more Information like this do register yourself at Collzy now !
Follow our social for regular updates :