Any plans what to do after 12th? Which course or which college preferably to get enrolled in? These are some of the questions that create confusion and dilemmas.
Of course, you must have planned what you have to do after 12th or maybe after 10th only, but it’s a critical decision upon which your entire career is based. Hence, you can’t rush, but you can’t delay either to make an informed decision that what exactly you have to do after 12th!
Whether you have planned for it not, there must be some worries that might be giving you some serious hits at this time, agreed? To make it a calculated decision, below listed are the career options that you can explore after 12th, be it in science stream, Commerce, humanities, professional and other vocational courses.
Let’s move further to know which are the different courses are available for the students after 12th are available to follow your dreams and ambitions.
Option 1 – Go for Higher Studies in Existing Stream!
You must have chosen the existing stream may be with a purpose or interest, right? And, if you are already performing well in it, then quite understandably, you must pursue it further. What you need to ensure is that there are the best opportunities available to pursue your career in it.
Option 2 – Choose a New Stream and go for Higher Education!
Another option is to change the stream from the existing one. Most of the times, it happens that our choices don’t prove to be correct, specifically talking about professional choices. Personal interest and aptitude are what matters the most while choosing a stream. So, if you think that you aren\’t performing well in the current stream and looking for a change, don\’t just stick there! To make your career bright and successful, pick a stream and then course which interests you the most. You have to be careful about the course as well as college in which you are planning to apply!
Now, let’s step ahead to know which are the popular as well as unique career options after 12th that can take you towards your dream!
1. Engineering (Subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
Engineering is one of the most popular and opted course among the students, and undoubtedly, it is a competitive course, which requires qualification in entrance exam at first, especially to seek admission in the best engineering colleges in India.
In engineering, there are different disciplines for the students to pursue. Let’s take a look at them below.
- Data Science and Engineering
- Biochemical Engineering/Biotechnology
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Information Science & Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning
- Biomedical Engineering
Other than that, there are certain other disciplines in Engineering field itself that students can explore if they are seeking out unconventional options.
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
To go for higher studies if you have opted out for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, then there are various other options that are exciting and have good career growth in the future!
- Industrial Design/Product Design/Vehicle Design
- Nautical Science/ Merchant Navy Training
- Data Science/ Data Analytics
- Fashion Technology
- Commercial Pilot License
2. Medical (Subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology)
Now, here comes another majorly preferred stream by students, it is medical science. Whether you are planning to become a doctor, zoologist, or pharmacist, Medical science is required. Different disciplines have their own entrance exam guidelines and eligibility criteria. Thus, you have to go through them before!
Let’s have a look at different options available in medical science for the aspirants.
- MBBS (Medicine & Surgery)
- BDS (Dental Science)
- BAMS (Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery)
- BNYS (Naturopathy & Yogic Science)
- BHMS (Homoeopathic Medicine & Surgery)
- B.Pharm. (4 years)
- Pharm.D. (6 years)
- B.Sc. Radiology / Medical Imaging Technology
- Bachelor of Optometry
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- B.Sc. Cardiovascular Technology/ Perfusion Technology
- B.Sc. Respiratory Therapy Technology
- B.Sc. Dialysis Technology
- Bachelor of Audiology Speech-Language Therapy
- B.Sc. Emergency & Critical Care Technology
- B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology
- B.Sc. Operation Theatre and Anaesthesia Technologies
Other than that, there are different disciplines available for the aspirants to apply in the medical science stream to make a successful career out of it. Take a look!
- Botany / Zoology / Physiology
- Biological Science/ Bioscience/ Biology (B.S. or Integrated M.S course)
- Botany / Zoology / Physiology
- Fisheries Science
- Food Science/ Food Science & Technology
3. Humanities or Arts
- Humanities or Arts stream offers a broad array of courses to the young aspirants who are willing to do something unconventional. From literature, Journalism, interior designing to sociology and psychology, several options are there to explore and get enrolled into!
Let’s take a look at those courses below.
- B.A. Psychology
- Bachelor in Liberal Arts
- B.A. in Political Science
- B.A. Geography
- B.A. Sociology
- B.A. Economics
- BFA- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- BEM- Bachelor of Event Management
- B.Sc.- Interior Design
- Bachelor of Performing Arts
- B.A. History
- BTTM- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management
- BFD- Bachelor of Fashion Designing
- BJMC- Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication
- BSW- Bachelor of Social Work
- B.Sc.- Hospitality and Hotel Administration
4. Commerce (Subjects Accounts, Business Studies, Economics & Mathematics)
After the science stream, another popular one is Commerce. And, Chartered Accountancy (C.A.) is one such prominent course choice for the commerce students after 12th. From taxation, financial transactions to all the nitty-gritties of auditing and reports, it includes all! There are many other courses offered in Commerce stream for the students to pursue further. Let\’s take a look at them below.
- B.Com. with Accounting and Finance
- CA (Chartered Accountancy)
- CS (Company Secretary)
- CMA (Cost & Management Accountancy)
- B.B.A. / B.M.S. / B.B.M.
- B.A. (Hons.) in Economics
- Integrated Law Program- B. Com LL.B.
- Integrated Law Program- BBA LL.B.
- BBA- Bachelor of Business Administration
- B. Com (Hons.)
So, these are the major streams and courses available for the students who are willing to apply after 12th examination. Obviously, when one sees too many options, then making an informed decision about career gets difficult and challenging too. Without escalating the problem further and making it an easy choice, here’s a quick guide that includes certain essential steps that you should follow while exploring the career options. It\’s simple, and here you can apply the theory of Elimination, which is beneficial in decision making.
Here is what you need to do.
Step 1 – First of all, it is essential that you understand what your strengths and weaknesses are, where\’s your personal interest, aptitude and other skills.
Step 2 – Most of the times, we choose the stream in 11th and 12th class maybe in some pressure or unaware of the skills and talents. So, if you are the one, then what you need to do is to figure out your interests and narrow down your search for the best courses accordingly.
Step 3 – Check out some of the guides that are specifically curated for the students regarding which courses to check out along with all the major details of it including eligibility criteria, fee structure, colleges etc.
Step 4 – Finally, what you need is expert advice. To make an informed decision, it is necessary that you take expert advice because the matter is all about your career, so why to take any risk!
To conclude, there are many career options after 12th, but first, you have to understand your own personal skills and interest to make a final decision. And, the entire team at COLLZY is there to help you out further. What’s COLLZY? Well, it’s all about college made easy. How? Just one single application form that you need to fill and then sit back and relax to get admission news anytime sooner!