- Now, International students will be allowed to travel into Western Australia. Previously, reopening the borders of Western Australia’s were to be delayed even after February 5 amid the Omicron surge.
- The state government had also stated that the international students can enter Australia and cross into Western Australia from other states if they agree to self-quarantine for 14 days and are fully vaccinated.
- International students are directed to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated or provide medical exemption while entering the state, have access to suitable premises located within 200 km of their entry point into western Australia, download a G2G Now app during quarantine and must be tested on the first and twelfth day of quarantine.
- If these directions were not obeyed, students will be obliged to pay a fine of up to AUD 50000 for an individual or AUD 250000 for a body corporate or will suffer imprisonment for up to 12 months. It is not clearly known whether the New International students can return to the state.
- Western Australian Universities were previously worried about delaying the reopening of borders and lamenting the risk of losing students to other states that allow the students to enter.
- They also claimed that they are thrown into chaos as it was a revenue bleed as 29% of the student population are from abroad. Students who were already in their way were also experiencing distress and dislocation.
To know Career Counselling Services in India and more Information like this make sure to register yourself at Collzy now !