- Wangcha Rajkumar Government College was established in 1997 at Charju, Khonsa and was shifted to Deomali later. The College is affiliated with Rajiv Gandhi University and has gained recognition from the University Grants Commission.
Courses offered by Wangcha Rajkumar Government College at the Undergraduate Level:
Eligible for Candidates having 10+2 or equivalent in the relevant stream.
- Semester 1: Candidates will have English as their compulsory subject along with any three subjects from Political science, History, Geography, Economics, English and Hindi.
- Semester 2: Candidates will have English as their compulsory subject along with three optional subjects opted in Semester 1.
- Semester 3: Candidates will have Environmental Science as their compulsory subject along with three optional subjects opted in Semester 2.
- Semester 4: Candidates will have Skill Based Course as their compulsory subject from any subject opted in Semester 3 along with three optional subjects opted in Semester 3.
- Semester 5: Candidates will have to opt for any one of the subjects as their major Political science, History, Geography, Economics, English and Hindi.
- Semester 6: Candidates will have to opt for the subject they had opted in semester 5.
College Facilities :
- The College consists of a library which is equipped with textbooks, reference books and study space for the students
- Boys and girls are provided with separate hostel facility. The College also provides bus service to the students to travel to the College from nearby areas.
- The Campus has a Distance Education Centre of Rajiv Gandhi University which offers B.A. Courses in distance mode of education. A study centre of Indira Gandhi National Open University is also present on the campus which offers a wide range of courses.
- Wangcha Rajkumar Government College provides counselling and looks after student welfare. The students are also aided financially by providing a monthly stipend, book grant, travel concession and many more .
Co Curricural Activities :
- Students are encouraged to take part in Games and Sports by organizing various competitions. Cultural and Literary activities such as debates, declamation, speech, etc., are organized for the benefit of the student community. Students also take part in activities of the National Service Scheme thereby contributing to community development.
- The Women Empowerment Cell of the Wangcha Rajkumar Government College looks after the issues of female staffs and students and conducts workshops on gender issues.
Placement Cell :
- The Career Guidance and Placement Cell provides information and helps the students regarding the various job-oriented course and job opportunities in different fields. The Centre also works on diversifying the goals and objectives of the students to add value to their education.
For more information like this do register yourself at Collzy now !
Follow our social for regular updates :