- The University of Manchester has announced five British council scholarships for master’s degree female students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths from India and other countries in South Asia.
- This scholarship is aimed to increase the opportunities for women and girls studying in STEM which will cover most expenses associated with overseas study including full tuition fees, flights, visas and a monthly stipend along with provisions for accompanying children. Students who have Manchester University offers are encouraged to apply before April 10, 2022.
- This scholarship is in partnership between India’s Department of Science and Technology and the British Council on Gender Advancement through Transforming Institutions project to advance women in STEM in India.
- Applicants to the new scholarships must show that they are active in the field of study with work experience or with a proven in the course area they are applying for and must also demonstrate a case for financial support.
- They must also demonstrate plans for future contribution to socio-economic and capacity-building advancement and a plan and passion to engage other females in STEM. The British Council stated that over 180 Indian women have been able to pursue masters in STEM subjects since 2018 in the UK.
- The Data from UNESCO states that fewer than 30% of researchers worldwide are women and only 30% of the female students select STEM-related fields in higher education. It is seen that female students\’ enrollment is low in information and communications technology, natural science, statistics, mathematics, manufacturing, engineering and construction.
To know about Career Counselling services in India and more Information like this make sure to register yourself at Collzy now !