- The University of Mumbai was previously known as the University of Bombay and was established in 1857. It has been credited with an ‘A’ grade by the NAAC.
Courses offered by the University of Mumbai
- B.Tech: Full Time
Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
Printing & Packaging Technology
Eligibility for candidates 10+2 qualified students can apply for admission to the course. Minimum 45% marks.
- B.Tech: Part Time
Diploma in Engineering in the relevant subject. Minimum 50% marks should be obtained in the qualifying examination
- B.Arch General, Interior Design 10+2 qualified with 50% marks secured (45% marks secured by SC/ST candidates)
Television & New Media Production
Eligibility: 10+2 with English as one of the main subjects. OR 10+2 with English as one of the main subjects along with Vocational Subjects.
General, Accounting & Finance
Banking & Insurance
10+2 with 45% (40% for SC/ST) from a recognized board
General-10+2 with Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, and English as one of the main subjects
Home Science-Pass in 10+2 with a language subject and any two of Physics, Chemistry, Biology OR Sociology, Psychology, Economics, Child Development, Textile Laundry and Clothing
Computer Science-10+2 with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the main subjects
Information Technology-10+2 with 45% (40% for reserved categories).
Candidates with Diploma in Information Technology/ Computer Technology/ Computer Engineering/Computer Science/ Electrical, Electronics and Video Engineering and Allied Branches/Mechanical and Allied Branches/ Civil and Allied branches are eligible for direct admission to the second year of the program.
Biotechnology-10+2 (PCB)with 45% (40% for reserved categories)
Hospitality-10+2 with 45% (40% for reserved categories)
10+2 (PCM) with 45% (40% for reserved categories) OR Diploma in the relevant discipline.
Every year 70%-80% of students get placed in companies such as Symphony Services
- National Stock Exchange
- IDBI Bank
- Times Of India
- FINO – a subsidiary of ICICI Bank
- Housing Development Finance Corporation
- Capital Markets
Facilities at University of Bombay
- All the hostels have basic amenities with a modern touch like water purifiers to ensure healthy drinking water, a common room and a recreation room for special co-curricular activities, an immensely hygienic mess and a TV to ensure its students enjoy the entertainment along with the academics. The laundry services are also provided so that the students can save time and energy and invest them in nurturing themselves. The college also provides WiFi connectivity. The college has also subscribed to the Newspapers for its students to match the pace of the world. The college offers a well-equipped Gym and surveillance system, etc.
To know about College Admissions in India and more Information like this make sure to register yourself at Collzy now !