- NSS College was established in 1995 in Rajakumari by Sri. P.K. Narayana Panicker. It is one of the centres of higher education under the Nair Service Society. The College is affiliated with Mahatma Gandhi University. The NAAC has accredited this college with a B+ Grade with a CGPA of 2.70 on a four-point scale.
Courses Offered by the NSS College at the Undergraduate Level:
Eligible for candidates having passed 10+2 or equivalent in the relevant stream.
- B.C.A. Computer Application
- B.Sc. Electronics
- B.B.A. Business Administration
- B.Com. Co-operation
- B.Com. Computer Application
Courses Offered by the NSS College at the Postgraduate Level:
Eligible for candidates having passed Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant stream.
- M.Sc. Electronics
College Facilities :
- The campus is spread over an expanse of 18 Acres and equips all the necessary amenities of the college. It consists of a library which comprises more than 5000 books along with over 20 magazines and 6 newspapers.
- Separate accommodation is provided for boys and girls. The Hostel is neat, clean and has a good environment. Healthy, Hygienic and Delicious food is served every day with a variety of dishes. The canteen facility can be availed by day scholar students and staff.
- Scholarships can be availed by the students who are meritorious and economically backward such as State scholarship which is given to students with more than 50% marks in the qualifying exam, Central Sector Scholarship for SC Students, University Merit Scholarship for top 15 scorers from each class from Mahatma Gandhi University and so on.
Co Curricural Activities :
- The Women’s Cell works on enhancing understanding of issues related to women and makes the college campus a safe place for them. The cell organizes seminars, workshops, guest lectures, awareness programs, Life Skill training program, entrepreneur training and many more events in order to create awareness on women’s rights and facilitate women empowerment.
- The film and photography club of the NSS College is a platform to encourage film media enthusiasts to explore new and latest ideas by conducting workshops, contests, film and photography shows and discussions.
- Ek Bharat Shreshta Bharat or EBSB Club is a forum where Kerala is paired with Himachal Pradesh and takes initiatives to acquaint the students with the culture of Himachal by organizing various programmes such as documentaries, film, events to relish the typical Himachal recipes and many more.
- Students take part in various extracurricular activities such as the National Service Scheme which works on imparting Education through Social Service by engaging in social awareness programmes and cultural activities; National Cadet Corps which aims at developing character, comradeship, discipline, a secular outlook, the spirit of adventure and ideals of selfless service; and various indoor and outdoor Sports events such a Volleyball, Football, Throwball, Tennis, Carrom, Chess, etc. The Students are also provided with Gym facility to look after their health and fitness.
- The NSS College conducts the Additional Skill Acquisition Programme to address the concern of the growing educated-unemployment rates of the State and works on empowering the youth of Kerala by amplifying working hands in different sectors, providing additional skill sets to students and make them confident enough to showcase their talent and skills.
Placement Cell :
- Training and Placement Cell works towards generating placement and training opportunities for the students by organizing various activities throughout the year in order to prepare the students for the campus selection programmes.
For More Information on College Admissions In India do register yourself at Collzy now !