- The policy adopted during the Covid-19 pandemic will be extended and SAT or ACT scores will not be required in Harvard for admissions for the next four years. Test scores are to be permanently eliminated for admissions as it is hard for the students to access the testing sites.
- Students who are not submitting their standardized test scores will not be disadvantaged during their application process and students are encouraged to submit those materials that would convey their accomplishments in secondary school.
- Standardized tests have always been a bane and helped in evaluating the students on an equal platform but critics have argued that they are culturally and racially biased and reflects only the ability of the students to pay for tutoring and not their true ability.
- The majority of schools that do not require test scores are not test-blind, i.e., they will look at the score if the student submits it and they will be used in determining scholarship awards. The percentage of schools that do not require test scores have increased from about 45% to 80%.
- Harvard college accepted 740 students from a pool of 9,406 students who had applied for the class of 2026 under the early action program showing the fair and accurate admissions can be done without test scores.
To know about Career Counselling for College Admissions and more information like this make sure to register yourself at Collzy now !