Tamil Nadu to introduce 17 new Medical Colleges by next year

Tamil Nadu to introduce 17 new Medical Colleges by next year
  • Before the commencement of the next academic year, Tamil Nadu Government is planning to establish 17 new government and private medical colleges which will add up a total of 2350 MBBS seats to the current strength of medical seats in the state.
  • The state is currently equipped with 37 government colleges that are affiliated with Government hospitals and it has already been approved for 11 government colleges along with the addition of 50 seats to government Coimbatore Medical College.
  • With the addition of seats, Tamil Nadu will have 15 percent of seats in the All India Quota and the rest 85 percent of seats will be filled on the basis of the NEET examination. The Government is planning to open at least one medical college in each district and the UG medical colleges will start PG programs in the next five years.
  • Also, four new self-financing Medical colleges will be attached to the state Medical University adding 600 MBBS seats. This is a huge leap for the state of Tamil Nadu and the students who have been waiting to be admitted into medical courses will have a wider opportunity.

To know about College Admissions in India and more Information like this make sure to register yourself at Collzy now !

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *