North-Eastern Hill University was established in 1973. The University has two campuses with the main campus in Shillong and the other campus in Tura. The NAAC has accredited it with an A grade. The University is Ranked 31 for University by The Week and Ranked 74 for Overall by NIRF 2020.
It has 66 undergraduate colleges affiliated with it including eight professional institutes. It also consists of 44 academic departments and 2 study centres under eight schools offering UG, PG and doctoral programmes across various streams.
Courses offered by North-Eastern Hill University at the Undergraduate Level:
Eligible for Candidates having passed 10+2 or equivalent in the relevant stream.
- B.Tech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Biomedical Engineering/ Energy Engineering/ Information Technology)
- B.A. Economics
- B.Sc. (Economics/ Environmental Studies)
- B.A. LL.B. (Hons.)
- B.Ed. Special Education: Eligible for Candidates having passed Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
Courses offered by North-Eastern Hill University at the Postgraduate Level:
Eligible for Candidates having passed Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in the relevant stream.
- M.Tech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Nanotechnology/ Microelectronics and VLSI Design/ Information Technology)
- M.A. (Economics/ Adult and Continuing Education/ Sociology/ History and Archaeology/ English/ Political Science/ History/ Education/ Geography/ Hindi)
- M.Sc. (Horticulture/ Environmental Studies/ Anthropology/ Mathematics/ Zoology/ Statistics/ Botany/ Biochemistry/ Biotechnology and Bioinformatics)
- M.B.A. (Marketing Management/ Human Resource Management/ Agri-Business Management/ NGO Management/ Banking and Insurance/ Financial Management/ Tourism Management)
- Master of Journalism and Mass Communication
- The University offers M.Phil. in three specializations and a Ph.D. in 18 specializations for candidates who have passed a Master’s Degree or equivalent in the relevant stream.
- The Campus is placed on a vast and sprawling expanse of 1225 acres. The wide campus accommodates the National Council of Science Museums, Indian Council of Social Science Research, Indira Gandhi National Open University, The English and Foreign Languages University and Sports Authority of India.
College Facilities :
- The University Library consists of around 2 lakh books and subscribes to nearly 300 Indian and International Journals. It is also equipped with high-end computers and audio-visual equipment to provide online services.
- North-Eastern Hill University is equipped with Hostel for the accommodation of the students during their study period. It consists of 12 Hostels for Men, 10 Hostels for Women and 1 Hostel for International Students. The hostel rooms are well equipped and have a Wi-Fi facility and food is provided from a clean mess.
- The University is a differently-abled friendly campus and includes new ramps, lifts and special washrooms. Facilities for reading, hearing and understanding requirements are also provided for various students.
- The labs of the University are well furnished and provides the necessary amenities to cater to the needs of the students. The University provides a transport facility for the students staying in nearby areas. North-Eastern Hill University is also equipped with other amenities such as a cafeteria, bank, playground, hospital, pond, food cafe, departmental store and many more.
Co Curricural Activities :
Students take part in sports events such as Cricket, Football, Hockey, Boxing, Judo, Best Physique, Weight lifting, Athletics, Table Tennis, Badminton, Chess, basketball and Volleyball. The University also has a Gym equipped with modern amenities to take care of the students’ fitness.
- Two primary scholarships are provided for the students of North-Eastern Hill University which include the JRF Scholarship Scheme which is granted to candidates having Master’s degree and a valid score in the National Eligibility Test and Financial Assistance Scheme for economically backward and meritorious students where students can avail payment of tuition fees, examination fees, purchase of textbooks, stationery expenses, hostel charges, emergency medical expenses and other necessary charges. Other postgraduate scholarships are also awarded to the students who have passed honours degree.
Placement Cell :
- Counseling and Placement Cell works on providing career guidance, counsels students and assists the students by providing training. North-Eastern Hill University provides various Placement opportunities to the students. The Process of Recruitment in companies includes Online exams and interviews which include Group Discussions, HR and personal interviews. Some notable recruiters include Accenture, Dell, Indian Army, DLF, Ericsson, Wipro, HDFC Bank, Airtel, Zaloni, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Ashok Leyland, Microsoft, IBM, etc.
For more information like this and recent updates about your favourite colleges do register yourself at Collzy now !