- Yale Law School announced the Hurst Horizon Scholarship Program which will cover the tuition costs for students from families which earn below the US poverty line and whose assets are below USD150,000. The poverty line for a one-person household is USD13,590 and that for a four-person household is USD27,750.
- This program will free the students from financial worry during law school and open up a lot of opportunities. The scholarship will be launched this fall and approximately 45-50 full-tuition scholarships will automatically be offered to the students who meet the financial requirements.
- Each recipient will be awarded USD70,000 per year to cover the cost of health insurance, tuition and fees. The Yale Law Scholarship and Financial aid program covers the cost of JD, tuition, fees, books and allowances for living expenses with an estimated USD93,821.
- Students are expected to contribute to this cost by working while at Yale and exhausting their savings and financing a portion of their education through loans. The financial aid of the students is based on these factors by the law school packages.
- For a non-US citizen or permanent resident, the same amount of need-based aid will be provided as all other students, i.e., grants and loans. Such students will not be eligible for US federal loans but will be eligible for the university’s loans.
- The Yale Graduate and Professional International Loan give a 10-year repayment schedule and a grace time of six months after graduation. With a 5% origination fee, the interest rate is fixed at 7.75%. While pursuing a postgraduate program, there is no need for the students to pay and no penalties are issued and the student can pay ahead while in repayment.
To know about Career Counselling services in India and more Information like this make sure to register yourself at Collzy now !