- The number of British 18-year old students aiming to go to universities directly from schools is continuously increasing and starting in September, the numbers increased by another 5% at the initial January deadline.
- Compared to 50,000 applicants in 2019 and 306,000 applicants in 2021, the number of applicants has increased to 320,000 in 2022. In England, 44% of all 18-year-olds applied in January which is greater than the 33% ten years ago.
- Record rates of applications were also found in Wales and Northern Ireland and it was found that the number of applicants from disadvantaged areas have also been continued to rise to 28%. Universities have made greater use of online recruitment events such as advertising courses on social media and virtual open days.
- International student applications remain flat due to the fall in the number of EU students applying and the growth in the non-EU applicants. The appetite for higher education remains undimmed despite other alternatives.
- From next year, universities would be asked to include credit card-style small print on advertising for courses including the number of students going for graduate-level jobs. Also, the use of personal statements by students will be used as part of the university applications.
To know about Career Counselling services in India and more Information like this make sure to register yourself at Collzy now !