- There is a major rise in applications by 118 per cent from international students who wish to pursue nursing in Britain. Two-thirds of the applications claimed that they were inspired to study nursing from Covid-19.
- Covid-19 has not negatively impacted the appetite of international students but only 74 applications have been accepted from the number of applicants to nursing courses. There is a six per cent rise in the applicants from the European states.
- A total of 28815 students applied for the nursing course as their first choice in 2021 despite the impact they have had in terms of education and their way of life. The pandemic has highlighted the nursing profession and the increase in nursing applications are being welcomed due to the shortage of staff.
- Many of the nursing workforces are thinking of quitting the profession due to the pressure and exhaustion and they are not able to give patients the level of care they need. There is also an increase of 30 per cent in the students who applied for mental health nursing courses as compared to 2019.
- All eligible nursing students are to be supported with a training grant worth Euro 5000 a year and nearly 50000 more nurses are to be recruited at the end of this Parliament. Those who wish to have a fulfilling career in the National Health Service are urged to apply next year.
To know about Career Counselling Services in India and more Information like this make sure to register yourself at Collzy now !