The Section III of CUET 2023 will include the General Test. This section includes an all-encompassing test that examines the general knowledge of the students. The exam for this section will last for an hour. This section consists of seventy-five questions in total.
An Introduction to Common University Entrance Test General Test 2023
CUET General Test 2023 Phase 1: Important Subjects Covered in the General Test
- Quantitative Aptitude – Time-Speed-Distance, Time-Work, Ratio and Percentage Conversion, Mensuration, Average, Simple Interest, Compound interest, Trigonometry, Mode and Median.
- Logical Reasoning – Analogy, Direction, Number Series, Blood Relation, Calendar, Cube & Dice, General Mental Ability, Verbal Analogy, Chronological order, Reciting, and Coding and Decoding.
- General Knowledge – Sports, Politics, Current Affairs, History, Rivers, President, Padma Shri Award, Capitals, State Capitals, Currency and GDP.
Preparation Strategy for The CUET General Test 2023: Topic-Wise Preparation Technique
Preparation Strategy for the Quantitative Reasoning Section
Preparation Strategy for the Logical and Analytical Thinking Section
- A lot of practice is needed for the students for answering logical and analytical questions from this section. It includes topics such as verbal reasoning, analogy, classification, mathematical operations, logical Venn diagrams, letter and symbol series, sitting arrangements, time and ranking sequence tests, numbers, alphabet tests, and inserting the missing character section.
- Do an analysis of the problem regions after finding the answers to 40 to 50 of the puzzle problems.
- Based on challenging subjects, ask yourself a few questions. This will help you in evaluating your preparation for the overall exam.
- In the newspaper, they should work the puzzles. Also, they can solve puzzles on websites in order to strengthen their logical and analytical abilities.
Focus on Weak Areas
- You should focus on becoming an expert in your areas of weakness. This can be done by checking the correct answers for each error. The logical and analytical subjects cover topics such as Inequalities and syllogisms. Therefore, it is crucial to familiarize yourself with these concepts to ace this examination.
- Work through the NCERT Solutions for Class 12 problems for proper logical and analytical skills preparation.
- Incorrect replies must be identified by the students while they are obtaining the proper solution. This is, however, a challenging task. Among the alternatives that are provided, students can locate incorrect responses. They can reject those choices so that they can arrive at an answer that is accurate among the given options.
- Practice a lot of mock tests in order to become familiar with the types of logical and analytical questions. This will definitely help you on the real examination.
- You must ensure that you have reviewed the essential ideas before taking the test.
- Also, from the Class 10 exam of the previous year, examine the question paper. This will help you in familiarizing yourself with the kind of questions that can appear in the logical and analytical parts of the exam.
Preparation Strategy for the Numerical Abilities Section
Preparation Strategy for the Current Affairs Section
Why should candidates perform well in CUET?
The National Testing Agency notified officially, the CUET, NEET, and JEE exam dates. It was released on 15th December 2022, for the upcoming academic session 2023-2024. It is crucial to enhance your preparation strategy as the crowd that you are going to compete with is enormous.
The preparation for domain-based subjects is different for different domains. However, for the general test, the preparation strategy is the same for all the domains. Even though some universities do not insist on candidates taking up the general test, candidates are recommended and advised to do so.
Moreover, this examination is the crucial admit card for the students to enter into their college life. Hence, preparing well and performing in this examination will help the candidates get into the college or university that they wish and pursue the course they desire.
In order to perform exceptionally well on the Common University Entrance Test, a candidate must garner a good score on the general test. This test is found to be intimidating by a lot of students. However, they can guarantee good results if they put in the effort to study and practice.
Thank you for reading! Please submit your details in the link below in order to help us reach out and help you with your college admission queries.