Are you looking to pursue your Masters from Canada? What are some of the best postgraduate courses to pursue in Canada? How can international candidates apply for admissions to Postgraduate courses in Canada?
If you are someone who is on a hunt to all curb all such doubts regarding a Master’s in Canada, then this blog will help you curb all your queries on the matter.
Read on to discover the eligibility, fees details, and other associated details about pursuing MS in Canada.
MS Course in Canada- Overview
MS programs in Canada are for 5 years or more if you want to pursue it full time with thesis and projects. The institutes in Canada offer a Master’s course in diverse fields including engineering, medicine, science, finance, marketing, economics, Global Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Human Resource Management, and more.
MS Course in Canada Eligibility
· Candidates need to also apply for a standardized test to be eligible for admission into MS courses in Canada. These include
1. International English Language Testing System
2. Test of English as a Foreign Language
Candidates applying for admissions must ensure that they have secured a TOEFL score of 90-100 and an IELTS score of 7.5 is to be considered eligible for admissions by a university.
Some Universities also consider the GRE scores. The GRE tests the candidates on Verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and analytical writing in various fields such as Biology, Chemistry, Literature in English, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology, etc. As someone who has pursued their Bachelor’s outside Canada, taking a GRE test before admissions are recommended.
MS Course in Canada Intake and Application Deadlines
The process for admissions into various Master’s degree programs in Canada takes during the following period:
- Autumn admissions in September
- Winter admissions in January
- Some universities may also have spring admissions in May.
MS Course in Canada Tuition Fees
On average, the cost of pursuing MS courses in Canada is around CAD 16,000-50,000. Students can apply for scholarships such as – Master’s Program, Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships, McGill University Scholarships, and Student Aid, Ontario Graduate Scholarship, and President’s Scholarship for World Leaders.
MS Course in Canada Top Colleges
Check out the top MS courses that you can pursue in Canada as part of your high studies:
- Masters of Engineering
- Masters of Architecture
- Masters in Communication
- Masters of Science in Public Affairs
- Masters of Social Work
- Masters of Fine Arts
- Masters of Philosophy
- Masters of Information Technology
- Masters of Science in Nursing
- Masters of Design with
- Master’s Degree in Marketing
- Master’s Degree in Pharmacy
- Master’s Degree in Hospitality Management
MS Course in Canada Top Colleges
Check out the list of top universities in Canada for Postgraduate Degree programs according to the 2021 Times Higher Education World University Rankings:
- University of Toronto
- University of British Columbia
- McGill University
- McMaster University
- University of Montreal
- University of Alberta
MS in Canada Salary and Job opportunities
Top job opportunities for international candidates in Canada:
- Information Technology-$80,543
- Construction & Maintenance-$56,004
- Childcare & Education-$51,149
- Accounting, Administration -$50,147
- Sales & Marketing-$63,716
- Healthcare & Social Services -$66,636
Top industries in Canada that employ international candidates:
- Health care and social assistance
- Banking and insurance
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
- Scientific and technical services
Top Canadian employers who recruit international candidates:
- Cisco Systems, Toronto
- Ubisoft, Montreal
- University of Guelph, Guelph
- University of Toronto, Toronto
- Canadian Mental Health Association, Toronto
- Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, Toronto
- Coca-Cola Bottling Limited, Toronto
- Laval University, Québec
- Hydro-Québec: Montreal
MS in Canada Important Documents
- Students need to have a work Visa if they want to continue studying in Canada for more than one month. This permit remains valid for the rest of a student’s programs.
- International candidates need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) for the duration of their studies.
- In addition, applicants are required to prove their financial ability to pay for tuition, living expenses, return transportation, and other necessities at the end of the exam.
- Candidates applying for admissions to an MS course in Canada shouldn’t have any criminal record.
- Previous education Marks Sheets
- Official Test Score Reports
- Scanned Copy of Passport
- Financial Documents
- Letters of Recommendations
What to do After Completing your MS Course in Canada?
- International students are eligible to apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (or PGWP) if they have completed their post-graduation. This PGWP offers candidates the opportunity to work in Canada without restraints and gain Canadian work experience. Under this permit, international students can work for a minimum of three years in Canada.
- The Canadian Government also provides the Post-Graduation Work Permit to international students. This allows skilled individuals to work for any Canadian employer in any industry.
- Did you find this blog insightful? Do get back to us to share your thoughts!
Follow us at www.collzy.com to know more about various courses that you can pursue in foreign countries as an international student.