The USA is one of the hotspots for international students to pursue a Ph.D. degree. According to the latest QS World University Rankings 2018, 31 US universities are ranked in the top 100 list and 27 others are ranked between the top 100 and top 300.
Ph.D. in USA Top Universities
Check out the list of top universities in the USA for pursuing a Ph.D. course:
· Harvard University
· Massachusetts Institute of Technology
· Stanford University
· California Institute of Technology
· Carnegie Mellon University
· Purdue University
· University of California, Los Angeles
· University of Texas, Austin
· University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign
· Ohio State University
· University of Pennsylvania
Reasons to pursue Ph.D. in the USA
Here are a few perks to pursuing a Ph.D. in the USA:
- It has a renowned curriculum and globally reputed faculty.
- It conducts several scientific innovations and provides ample opportunities to all students.
- Several universities offer full-funded scholarship programs to international students based on merit.
- Every class has students from all over the over. With that, a student is bound to get a rich international exposure and get a chance to learn about the diverse customs all around the world.
- The Universities in the USA conduct active recruitments every year. Renowned universities such as Microsoft, Apple, etc provide
Ph.D. in USA Popular Fields of Study
- Biological Sciences
Ph.D. in USA Duration and Cost
A Ph.D. course in the USA is for 3-5 years. While pursuing a Ph.D. in the USA candidates must be most concerned about the living cost as major universities give several scholarships and fellowships to their students. These financial assistants are in the form of graduate assistantships, teaching assistantships, research assistantships, fellowships & tuition waivers, and more.
PhD in USA Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have an excellent academic record and exceptional scores in their Master’s and UG performance.
- High GRE, IELTS/TOEFL scores are also required for admissions.
- Candidates who have done academic research projects, internships, or published papers are given priority.
Important documents required
- College Transcripts
- Detailed Resume
- Scanned Copy of Passport
- Some universities additionally ask for a research proposal
- Application Form
- Letters of Recommendation
All about Student Visa Terms and Provisions
- A full-time education visa is needed to be eligible for pursuing education in American universities.
- A student must apply for a visa after getting their I-20 from their admitted university.
- Students can apply for a stay of 120 days from the date of the start of their course program.
Know all important details at www.collzy.com