- Delhi University has recently released the list of selected candidates for Ph.D. admissions for the Department of History drawing serious allegations of not being transparent, arbitrary and discriminative toward the SCs, STs and OBCs.
- Only 25 students were admitted through entrance exams and interviews out of the 30 advertised seats excluding the three supernumerary seats with are over and above the sanctioned intake. The list that was released did not contain details of the category and evaluation related details of the selected candidates.
- The list also has been released without the conventional waiting list for the students raising questions of bias. A DU professor stated that the SC and ST seats have been filled in the department and the seats for OBC, UR and EWS have been left vacant as the candidates were not able to fulfil the minimum criteria.
- The admission and declaration of results were done as per the guidelines issued by the UGC and if the university allows for the second round, the leftover seats will be filled. However, the admission list released by the English department along with the conventional category wise waiting lists specifies the category and total marks of the selected candidates.
- The report states that students from marginalized communities are being denied admissions to the university and employment across the country in the garb of the NFS clause. Certain faculty members and the aggrieved students have demanded corrective intervention and transparency.
To know about Du Merit Based Courses and more Information like this make sure to register yourself at Collzy now !