- From the next session, Lucknow University will be introducing a master’s degree in Avadh Culture. The new postgraduate course is introduced in accordance with the New Education Policy and it is dedicated to everything that represents Awadh Culture.
- The syllabus of the course includes the learning of Qissagoi, the traditional art of storytelling and writing Shayari along with the understanding of Sufiana Kalam, food, language, attire, festivities, etc., of the Awadh culture.
- Also, attires like do-Palli caps, sherwani, tunic, heavy embroidery work on women clothing and wide patch pajamas of men have been included in the curriculum along with Avadh flavours of Bakar Khani, kulcha, kebab, sheermal, Kashmiri chai and biriyani.
- By introducing a detailed study on Avadh culture, Lucknow University will be made a centre for teaching and learning of the Tehzeeb. Avadh culture is a global culture and through this study, students can study and work towards popularizing the almost lost form of art, cuisine and clothing.
- The Postgraduate course will consist of 60 seats. Experts and renowned academicians will be invited for sharing their knowledge with the students on Avadh culture.
Read Related Articles :