- Studying in the UK is a dream come true for all international students! From studying at world-class universities to getting the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced faculties, there are a ton of things to be grateful for while pursuing your higher education at a university or college in the US.
- Read on to discover the eligibility, fees details, and other important details regarding pursuing a UG program from the UK.
UG Course in UK- Overview
- There is a fair share of similarity between the UG program offered in India and the UK. A general UG Program in the UK for 3-4 years. The educational institutes offer several degrees from different streams and students have a range of options to choose from, provided that the candidates have the necessary qualifications to be eligible candidates.
UG Course in UK Eligibility
Check out a list of things to keep in mind before applying for admissions to a UG course in the UK.
- Candidates must possess a high-school leaving certificate.
- Candidates should be 18 years old.
- Having a good academic qualification is also an important factor to consider since merit scores play an important role in your selection process.
- Candidates should apply for admissions via the Universities & Colleges Admissions Service website.
- Candidates must appear for the IELTS and have a minimum score of 6-7 to be eligible for admissions.
- Appearing for SAT is not mandatory.
- Students with strong extra-curricular backgrounds are given priorities. These include State/National/International Level participation, Declamations, Model United Nations, Olympiad, etc.
- Any information that is found to be false by the concerned authority will lead to the immediate disqualification of the candidate.
UG Course in UK Intake and Application Deadlines
The admission process for the UG course in the UK takes place two times a year:
- Fall Admissions, where deadlines for admissions are usually around October for Cambridge and Oxford. The number of candidates applying for fall admissions is also slightly higher in comparison.
- Other universities also conduct admissions between January- July. Here, the first deadlines for admissions are in January, and the final deadlines are in July.
Tip: There is a high number of applicants who apply for admissions into various undergraduate courses in the UK every year. As the Universities take quite some time to process the application forms and pass them for approval, we recommend that you apply for admissions at an early phase.
UG in UK Types of Degrees
The types of undergraduate courses offered in the universities in the UK are:
- Higher National Certificate or Diploma: 1-2 years
- Certificates or Diplomas of Higher Education: 1-2 years
- Foundation Degrees: 6 months – 2 years
- General Degrees: 3-4 years
- Sandwich Degrees –4 years + 1 year in the industry
- Integrated Master’s –4 years
Popular UG courses among Indian students include:
- Accounting and Finance, Arts and Design, Biological Science, Computer Science, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Politics.
UG Course in UK Duration
- The duration of a UG course in the UK is generally between 3 to 5 years, depending upon the type, of course, you’ve opted to study.
UG Course in UK Tuition Fees
- The average cost of pursuing an undergraduate degree in the UK ranges from British Pound 32000-50000 per annum.
- International Candidates can apply for part-time jobs once they have completed 6 months into their UG course. Candidates can, however, not more than 20 hours a week, exceptions being national vacations or in the case of an agreed placement or internship.
UG Course in UK Important Documents for admissions:
Students who are looking to take admissions for UG in the UK must have the following documents availablee
- Marks Sheets from previous educational qualifications
- Official Test Score Reports
- Scanned Copy of Passport
- Financial Documents
- Letters of Recommendations
- IELTS scores
- Student Visa
Student Visa Important Terms and Provisions
Check out the important terms and conditions that one needs to keep in mind f=before applying for UK student visas.
- Students cannot apply for a UK student Visa if they do permanent work. They can, however, apply for a work permit after graduation under INF 13 for employment in the UK.
- UK student visas are based on the PBS or the Point Based System. According to this, candidates with less than 40 points cannot apply for a UK student Visa.
- Candidates must have the Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) for a full-time degree course by a university that has decided to sponsor their education. Educational institutions that sponsor visas in this way hold Tier 4 Sponsors.
- The visa interview must have a clear statement regarding your intentions after completing your Graduation from UK.
Why choose to study a UG Course in the UK?
Take a look at what makes the UK a preferred destination for abroad studies for students:
- According to the QS World University Rankings 2018 rankings, the UK is home to 4 universities in the top 10 list and 16 universities in the top 100 list.
- Many research works are frequently done by students and faculties associated with the educational institutes in the UK.
- UK accepts students from all over the world and has faculty who themselves belong to different cultural backgrounds. Studying in the UK will grant a student a multi-cultural exposure and allow them the elite chance to experience the beautiful customs of people from all over the world.
- While academic scores and personal skills are important, graduating from a tier university with UK grants immediately boosts the chances of recruitments. Frequent campus recruitments also present the students with strong employment prospects and extensive job opportunities.
UG Course in UK Top Colleges
Check out the top UG courses in the UK that you can pursue:
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor in Communication
- Bachelor of Science in Public Affairs
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Philosophy
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Design with
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management
UG in UK Field of Study
- Business Studies
- Music & Performing Arts
- Life Science
UG Course in UK Top Universities
Check out the list of top universities in the UK for Undergraduate Degree programs according to the 2021 Times Higher Education World University Rankings:
- University of Oxford
- University of Cambridge
- London Business School
- London School of Economics
- Imperial College London
- University College London
Did you find this blog informative? Follow us at www.collzy.com for similar content.