Studying in Australia is a dream come true for several international students! There are a ton of things to be grateful for while pursuing your higher studies at a university or college in Australia.
Read on to discover the eligibility, fees details, and other important details regarding pursuing a UG program from Australia.
UG in Australia- Overview
A general UG Program in Australia for 3-4 years. The Universities in Australia offer degrees from different streams and fields. Students from all over the world have a range of degree majors to choose from, provided that the candidates have the necessary qualifications. Each year, over 600,000 international students from around 140 different countries apply for college admissions in Australia.
UG in Australia Eligibility
Check out a list of things to keep in mind before applying for admissions to a UG course in Australia.
- Strong Academic Credentials are required.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of12 years of elementary & secondary education with 70-85% marks in higher secondary education.
- Appearing for SAT is not mandatory.
- AP scores and IELTS scores are required.
- Candidates must have secured a minimum score of 6.5 to be eligible for admissions.
- Candidates with excellent extracurricular activity records are given priority. Candidates should encourage taking active participation in Model United Nations, Olympiads, Declamations, etc, to build a strong academic record.
UG in Australia Intake and Application Deadlines
The period for a course starts in late February and goes on until mid-November. Enrolment season usually begins in January or February, but applications take place generally towards the end of the previous year. A few Uni in Australia also grants admissions in July.
Tip: There is a high number of applicants who apply for admissions into various undergraduate courses in Australia every year. As the Universities take quite some time to process the application forms and pass them for approval, we recommend that you apply for UG admissions in Australia at an early phase.
UG Course in Australia Types of Courses
The types of UG courses offered in Australia include:
- Bachelor’s Degree: 3 Years
- Bachelor’s Degree (Honors): 3-4 Years
UG in Australia Duration
The duration of a UG course in Australia is generally between 3 to 4 years, depending upon the type of course.
UG in Australia Tuition Fees
The average cost of pursuing an undergraduate degree in Australia alongside the cost-of-living ranges from AUD 45000-50000.
UG in Australia Important Documents for admissions:
Students who are looking to take admissions for UG in Australia must have the following documents available:
- Marks Sheets from previous educational qualifications
- Official Test Score Reports
- Scanned Copy of Passport
- Financial Documents
- Letters of Recommendations
- IELTS scores
- Student Visa
Student Visa Important Terms and Provisions
Check out the important terms and conditions that one needs to keep in mind before applying for Australia student visas.
- The Commonwealth Registry of International Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) issues the student visa after admissions for a full-time course.
- The Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) is required to apply to be eligible for a student visa.
- Those that possess a student visa holder in Australia can work for a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight while pursuing their respective course. They can, however, work unlimited hours during the semester breaks and by the end of the course.
Why choose to study a UG in Australia?
Take a look at what makes Australia a preferred destination for abroad studies for students:
- According to the QS University Rankings 2018, 7 Australian universities are included in the Top 100 list. This includes The Australian National University (Rank 20), The University of Melbourne (Rank 41) and The University of New South Wales (Rank 45), and The University of Queensland (Rank 47).
- Many research works are frequently done by students and faculties associated with the educational institutes in Australia.
- The educational institutes provide quality education, access to important resources for research purposes, plus the candidates get the grand opportunity to work and learn under some of the best-informed research personals and professors from all over the world.
- The cost of studying and living is quite affordable and is less in comparison to the pursuit of a UG course in other countries.
- Australia accepts students from all over the world and has faculty who themselves belong to different cultural backgrounds. Studying in Australia will grant a student a multi-cultural exposure and allow them the elite chance to experience the beautiful customs of people from all over the world.
- Graduating from a Go8 university from Australia boosts the chances of recruitments after graduation. Frequent campus recruitments take place at these universities and this presents the students with strong employment prospects and extensive job opportunities.
UG in Australia Top Colleges
Check out the top UG courses in Australia that you can pursue:
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor in Communication
- Bachelor’s in Life Science
- Bachelor of Science in Public Affairs
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Philosophy
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Design with
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management
UG in Australia Field of Study
- Environmental Science
- Business/Management Studies
- Applied Computing
- Computer Systems
UG in Australia Top Universities
There are a total of 41 universities in Australia, the majority of which are public universities. The Universities of Australia that are ranked Globally are collectively known as the Group of 8 (Go8). These are a collection of some of the largest and oldest educational institute in Australia and has some of the best infrastructure, academic programs, and qualified faculties.
Check out the list of universities in Australia belonging to the Group of 8 (Go8):
- The Australian National University
- The University of Sydney
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of Queensland
- The University of New South Wales
- Monash University
- The University of Adelaide
- The University of Western Australia
UG in Australia Post-Study Options
- To avoid getting deported, immediate action for a visa extension must be taken if you wish to extend your stay in Australia even after the completion of your UG course.
- The Post-Study Work Stream Visa is necessary for international candidates to be eligible for full-time work and extend their stay in Australia by two years following the completion of their course.
- To know more Information like this make sure to register yourself at Collzy now !
1 thought on “Know all about pursuing Undergraduate Courses in Australia”
Hi! your post is very help full for me. your post give me lot of information and some tips thank for posting.