- The government of Jammu and Kashmir will be implementing the National Education Policy 2020 from April 1. A high-level meeting was convened to resolve the operational issues being faced in the implementation of the educational policy and other schemes.
- The School Education Department was asked to roll out a preschool preparation program immediately for Class 1 students called Vidya Pravesh which consists of a three-month play module and the Indian Sign language as a subject at the secondary.
- The School Education and Literacy Department will be provided with Rs. 259 crore by the Finance Department for Samagra Shiksha Abhiyan. The Department will also receive Rs. 28.1 crores as the UT’s share. This will enable the department to submit the utilization certification within a week to the Government of India for the total amount of Rs. 464 crores.
- The department has also been asked for early resolution of other financial issues towards effective implementation of the scheme. The department has also asked to ensure 100% participation in NCERT’s Integrated Teacher Training Program NISHTHA 2.0 and has also been asked to activate all of its block and cluster resource centres.
- The National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy was launched by the union government to further the cognitive development in children between 3 to 8 years. A decision to open 10 model schools in each district has also been initiated.
To know about College Admissions in India and more information like this make sure to register yourself at Collzy now !