- The University of Sheffield has collaborated to offer three annual scholarships with Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust for International Development focusing on international students from developing countries.
- The scholarship can be availed for the courses that are affiliated with the Sheffield Institute for International Developments and each scholarship offers a full tuition fee waiver. The scholarship will also cover the maintenance of university accommodation and a monthly stipend.
- The candidates who are classified as overseas students for tuition fee purposes and are self-funded will be eligible for the scholarship. The scholarship will not be awarded in conjunction with any other funding awards from other external sources or the University of Sheffield. The candidate must also have full-time attendance and begin their studies at the University of Sheffield in 2022.
- The candidate must hold an offer by May 6, 2022 in the academic year 2022-2023 at the University of Sheffield in the courses given: MA International development, MSc Environmental Change and International Development, MPH Masters in Public Health, LLM International Law and Global Justice, MA International Political Economy, MA Global Journalism, MA Intercultural Communication or MA International Public and Political Communication.
- The candidate will receive the scholarship if they meet the conditions attached to the offer before the deadline provided by the admissions service and if the candidate receives the visa to study at the University in September 2022.
- If the candidate receives an offer to study one of the courses, then they will be considered for the scholarship. The candidate must also be a national of the eligible countries or territories. A panel will assess the applications that will decide the candidate’s progress to the final stage of the application process and the selected candidates will be contacted before May 14, 2022 by the University for the next stage.