- The latest data from Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) is showing an increase in the number of Indian students enrolled in British Universities in 2020-2021. India is found to be on a steady upward trajectory despite the pandemic.
- China still leads in terms of student enrollments but their numbers have been decreased by 5% in 2020-2021. The main reason students are attracted to UK universities are due to quality education and there are various work opportunities in the UK after completing their studies.
- Indian students appreciate the fact that they get a chance to apply experience to their studies due to the post-study work visa. India is the most natural partner for the UK in terms of education and if the UK provides compelling offers, then more students are likely to join universities in the UK.
- Post-study work rights have already doubled the number of Indian students applying in the UK. Students can stay in the UK to work or look for work without being sponsored by a company for a period of two years for undergraduate and postgraduate students. Doctoral students will be granted three years of stay after completing their studies.
- Students must have a valid Tier 4 visa at the time of application in order to qualify for a UK Graduate route visa and they must show that they have completed the entire course in the UK as a student.
- The decrease in enrollment in the Chinese students may be due to the inability to travel and border restrictions due to Covid-19 and fear of spending their time in the UK studying online. It may also be due to the deteriorating relationship between China and Britain.
To know about Career Counselling Services in India and more Information like this make sure to register yourself at Collzy now !