- A Memorandum of Understanding is signed by the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship with Indira Gandhi National Open University for strengthening technical and vocational training framework.
- The partnership is based on the objective to line vocational education and training with higher education which will create new avenues to help the youth of the nation to become employable and access better work opportunities.
- This program will be useful for the NSTI trainees having the goal of creating upward mobility for these students who are attached to the ITIs, JSSs and PMKKs to be able to attain higher education for better livelihood opportunities.
- This collaboration will also provide opportunities to the students to join a program in IGNOU for three years. Nearly 32 NSTIs, 500 PMKKs, 300 JSSs and 3000 Government ITIs will be associated with IGNOU as registration centres, work centres for hands-on training and examination centres.
- A project steering committee will monitor and review the progress of the program and the MoU is for 10 years and can be renewed with mutual agreement. For the successful execution of this plan, all essential support will be given by IGNOU through its 21 schools of studies and 56 regional centres.
- IGNOU will provide counselling and trainer training programs to help the students enrol and create quality assurance standards. Staff will be educated at the chosen centres to handle enrolments and counselling and mentor management.
- The initiative will be implemented very soon with 32 NSTIs designated as IGNOU centres and offering courses in skill-based healthcare education, foreign language training, fashion designing and other subjects.
To know about Du merit based courses and more Information like this make sure to register yourself at Collzy now !