The sudden cancellation of class 12th exams had a huge impact on the admission process of colleges. The students as well as the authorities were clueless about the admission process. However, many colleges have set some basic set of rules to give an idea to the students.
- DU has decided to give admission to the students on a merit basis or class 12th marks. They will now have a meeting to finalize the best option.
- IIT will release the new dates of exams till July end.
- JNU is popular for conducting entrance exams for most of the courses. The VC said that they will conduct the exams when the situation is in control. As the students should get a fair chance.
- The Calcutta University will do the admissions of most UG courses on a merit basis as usual. However, for the integrated courses, they might conduct entrance exams later on.
- In Jamia Milia Islamia the last date of submitting the 12th marks is September 30. Just like any other university, Jamia also gives admission on a merit basis.
- IP University has released the applications for admission and the last date of submission is July 15.
- The application forms of Anna University will be released in either July or August.
- Mumbai University has not announced anything as of now. The students have to wait till the university release any new guidelines.