The GRE (Graduate Record Examination) is a standardized test that is required for admission to graduate schools in the USA and other countries. The test measures verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and analytical writing skills through six sections: two verbal reasoning, two quantitative reasoning, and two analytical writing sections. The verbal and quantitative reasoning sections are scored on a scale of 130-170, with one-point increments which add up to a total maximum score of 340. In order to get admission & scholarship in some of the best Universities, a score of 325+ is considered satisfactory along with other strong profile parameters. The analytical writing section is scored on a scale of 0-6, in half-point increments.
In order to score well on the verbal reasoning section, a candidate needs strong vocabulary and Reading Comprehension skills, while the quantitative reasoning section measures the ability to understand, interpret and analyze quantitative information, solve problems using mathematical concepts, and apply basic mathematical skills. Both verbal & quant are section-wise adaptive, so the difficulty level of the second section depends on the candidate’s performance in the first section.
The analytical writing section measures the ability to think critically and communicate complex ideas effectively. It consists of two tasks: the “Issue Task” and the “Argument Task”. The GRE is a computer-based test that is offered year-round at test centers around the world. The test is approximately 3 hours and 45 minutes long, including a 10-minute break following the third section. Test takers can see their unofficial scores immediately following the test, but official scores will be available in 10-15 days.
Overall, the GRE is a challenging test that requires preparation and practice, but with the right approach, it can be conquered.
Unique features of our Test prep service for the GRE:
- Small batch size (1:12) to ensure personalized attention of the faculty towards each student’s weak areas and resolve doubts
- Guaranteed score improvement or money back, provided the candidate has attended all classes as per schedule, submitted all assignments/home-work and attempted all prescribed mock tests
- Dedicated mentor at the Centre for continuous tracking; feedback and improvement
- US Certified trainers with 95%ile+ scores
- Course validity of 6 months allows students to repeat classes at no extra charge for subsequent GRE attempts