- Government College for Women was established in 1963 in Indira Gandhi Salai, Kumbakonam in the state of Tamil Nadu. The College conferred the Autonomy status in 2007 and it is affiliated to Bharathidasan University and accredited by NAAC with a B Grade.
Courses offered by Government College for Women, Kumbakonam at the Undergraduate Level:
Eligible for candidates having passed 10+2 or equivalent in the relevant stream.
- B.Sc. [Geography/ Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Zoology/ Physics/ Computer Science/ Botany]
- B.A. [History/ Economics/ English/ Tamil]
- B.A. [Tamil/ History/ English]
- B.Sc. [Computer Science]
Courses offered by Government College for Women, Kumbakonam at the Postgraduate Level:
Eligible for candidates having passed Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant stream.
- M.Sc. [Geography/ Mathematics/ Physics/ Computer Science/ Chemistry/ Zoology]
- M.A. [English/ History/ Economics/ Tamil]
Research programs offered by Government College for Women, Kumbakonam:
Eligible for candidates having passed a Master’s degree or equivalent in the relevant stream.
- M.Phil. [Computer Science/ Physics/ Tamil/ Zoology]
- Ph.D. [Physics/ Zoology/ Tamil/ Chemistry/ Economics/ English/ Mathematics/ Commerce/ History/ Computer Science]
College Facilities :
- Government College for Women, Kumbakonam is equipped with a Library that consists of a rich collection of resources that include 42200 books, 28 journals, 19 periodicals, magazines, Theses, Dissertations, CDs, DVDs, 7 newspapers, etc. The library also consists of various e-resources including 97000 e-books and 6000 e-journals under the N-List program and extends services such as lending, reference, referral, internet access, reprography, etc.
- The Computer Science Lab consists of around 70 PCs along with other facilities such as LCD Projector, Digital Visualizer, 2 HDTVs and Mobile speech Amplifier. The PCs are networked through LAN and systems with Broadband connections are made available to the students and staff.
- The Microprocessor laboratory consists of 25 microprocessor kits along with computers and other equipment. The Language laboratory consists of the necessary modules to help develop the vocabulary and communication skills of the students.
- The Hostel provides accommodation for the poor and deserving students at affordable rates who hail from nearby villages along with good food. Students are provided with all the necessary facilities along with facilities for recreation.
- A canteen facility is provided in the college premises that is well-maintained in a hygienic manner and provides the students and staff with meals, tea, coffee, cool drinks and snacks at subsidized rates. A Health Centre is maintained at the college that consists of all the requirements to provide first aid to the students and staff at times of need.
Co Curricural Activities :
- Facilities are provided for the students to participated in various indoor and outdoor sports activities such as volleyball, hockey, basketball, ball badminton, table tennis, etc., and the campus houses a gymnasium equipped with sophisticated instruments to take care of the physical well-being of the students.
- The College also encourages the students to take part in various extracurricular activities such as National Service Scheme, Youth Red Cross, Rotaract, Consumer Forum, Red Ribbon Club, Fine Arts Club, etc., to develop their extracurricular skills and abilities.
Placement Cell :
- Government College for Women, Kumbakonam consists of a Career Guidance and Placement Cell that guides the students to discover their abilities and choose the right career and trains them in various areas that will help them in succeeding in the job market.
- Where is Government College for Women located in India?
Government College for Women is located in Indira Gandhi Salai, Kumbakonam in the state of Tamil Nadu.
2. To which University is Government College for Women, Kumbakonam affiliated?
Government College for Women, Kumbakonam is affiliated with Bharathidasan University and was conferred the Autonomy status in 2007.
3. How many courses are offered by Government College for Women, Kumbakonam?
Government College for Women, Kumbakonam offers 12 Undergraduate and 11 Postgraduate courses along with 4 M.Phil. and 10 Ph.D. programs.
4. Does Government College for Women, Kumbakonam provide hostel facilities?
Yes, Government College for Women, Kumbakonam provide hostel facilities to the poor and deserving students who hail from nearby villages.
5. Does Government College for Women, Kumbakonam consist of well-equipped labs?
Yes, Government College for Women, Kumbakonam consists of well-equipped labs to cater to the needs of the students in their practical work.
For More Information like this do register yourself at Collzy now !
Follow our social for regular updates :