Fulfil Your American Dream

Fulfil Your American Dream

This article comprises information about the visa processes that will help you apply to universities in the US.

The Ministry of External Affairs requested the missions of the UK, the US, Australia, Canada and Germany to fast-track the visa process for students. Students who have already paid fees for academic programs are facing a crisis due to the delay in visa issuance.

The processing has been taking so long and enough visa slots are unavailable for various reasons. They include post-pandemic tourism, employment surge and business. The US continues to be the world\’s leading student destination.

Types of Visas:

F1 Student Visa: This visa is for those students that require over 18 hours of study in a week and includes all graduate and Undergraduate programs.

J1 Exchange Visitor Visa: This visa is for students who have acquired a research scholarship or are part of an exchange program. It is also for visiting scholars who have been offered a fellowship or working professionals who are offered vocational training in the US. Also, students who are keen on pursuing short-term study programs travel on this visa.

M1 Vocational/ Non-Academic Student Visa: This visa is reserved for technical and vocational schools. This visa does not allow students to overstay during their visit.

F1 Visa Necessities:

  • You must possess a valid passport with a validity date that is capable of exceeding your period of stay by a minimum of six months.
  • Photographs of passport size.
  • Preparation to answer all the questions on the DS-160 accurately. This Online Application form is submitted to the Department of State website. The next step must be confirmed with the embassy or consulate and schedule a visa interview appointment.
  • In Addition to this, the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System fee is important. This online system is used to maintain information regarding the Students and Exchange Visitor Program-certified schools. It also helps in gaining information about students studying with F1 and M1 visas.
  • Be sure about the deadlines and important dates.
  • Once you are accepted, you will receive Form I-20, i.e., Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Immigrant Student Status for F1 and M1 students. Otherwise, you will receive Form DS-2019, i.e., Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor for J1 students.
  • Pay the SEVIS I-901 fees on time on you get the relevant form from the institution.

Thank you for reading! Please submit your details in the link below in order to help us reach out and help you with your college admission queries.

To know about counselling for Abroad studies and more Information like this make sure to visit our site Collzy now!

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *