- Four new faculty members were named by the American Association for the Advancement of Science to its new 2021 class of fellows. The four new UCLA fellows are:
- Joseph Loo, a professor of Biological Chemistry in the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA and of Chemistry and Biochemistry in the UCLA College. He is also a member of the UCLA Department of Energy Institute for Genomics and Proteomics and the UCLA Molecular Biology Institute. His area of research includes the development of bioanalytical mass spectrometry methods for structural characterization of protein and their application for proteomics and disease biomarkers and had published more than 325 scientific publications.
- Rafail Ostrovsky is a distinguished professor of mathematics and a distinguished professor of computer science at the UCLA Samueli School of Engineering. His area of research is cryptography, computer security, network algorithms, streaming algorithms and search and classification problems of large-scale, high-dimensional data.
- William Sandoval is a professor at the UCLA School of Education and Information Studies and is the faculty director of the school’s Educational Leadership program. His area of research is based on how children’s ideas about knowledge influence and are influenced by their learning in school, how computational technologies can support science learning and design-based research methods in education.
- Nicholas Blurton-Jones is a professor of education, anthropology and psychiatry and his research area includes behavioural ecology of foraging peoples, evolutionary theory and longitudinal and cross-cultural patterns of mother-infant interaction. He used applied methods and frameworks from biology to his studies of human behaviour.
To know about Career Counselling Services in India and more Information like this make sure to register yourself at Collzy now !