- Finally! Several universities of India have officially opened their portal for admissions to various UG and PG programs. As part of a precautionary measure, a few changes are made in the admission process. For starters, students are required to submit their vaccination status during the admission process. Many prestigious educational institutes like the University of Delhi have created a distinguished column in the PG registration forms, where students can add whether they are fully vaccinated, partially vaccinated, or not vaccinated at all.
- Rajeev Gupta, Dean of student welfare at DU, has asked the students to not worry as the vaccine status shall not in any way influence the admission process. The database collected shall be used to create new norms and strategies to manage the campus crowds once the offline classes are resumed. The database that is currently being gathered is only for PG students, as most UG students belong to the under 18 non-vaccinated categories.
- The University of Lucknow shall hold entrance exams. Therefore, the institute has asked the candidates to submit their vaccination status when they download their respective admit cards. The data gathered shall be used to construct a proper seating arrangement to minimize the risks of the virus as much as possible. Non-vaccinated candidates are to submit a recent negative report of the RT-PCR test at the exam center. Further, students who fail to get a test report will have to sit in a separate room on the day of the exam.
- The University Grants Commission has also released an official statement on the matter of re-opening of schools and colleges across the country. According to UGC, colleges are likely to be re-opened by the month of October. Students are to submit their vaccination status at the college before the physical classes are resumed. The university and colleges are to get the students vaccinated before the beginning of the offline classes. For this, a fund of 15 lakh has been made available.
- All these measures have been undertaken to get the academic cycle on track while also considering the health and wellbeing of the students and staff members.
For more information like this do register yourself at Collzy now !
Follow our social for regular updates !