- A petition was filed by the students of the Delhi University challenging the decision of DU to start physical classes from Thursday and conduct the exams offline. The Senior Advocate who appeared on the side of students argued that thousands of students studying in DU are from across the country.
- He stated that many students come from poorer backgrounds and cannot manage to come to Delhi and rent accommodation for only three weeks. However, the court declared that students from across the country must return to Delhi to attend classes.
- The Judge stated that students have been scoring 99% marks and taking admission in DU while Delhi students are not getting admission. However, as they have now been admitted to DU, they must have to come for regular classes.
- A counsel that appeared on behalf of the University argued that the petition is in the nature of a PIL and can be dismissed with costs as many students do not want to attend college as they have been working in their respective states.
- The Judge concluded that if the students are seeking relaxation in classes, the court will ask the university’s counsel to obtain instructions on conducting classes in hybrid mode but online exams will not be conducted.
To know about DU merit Based courses and more Information like this make sure to register yourself at Collzy now !