CUET-UG 2022 results were released on Friday and it was found that students scored high in Humanities than in Science.
The competition for admissions to Humanities courses is far tighter than in the case of Science subjects this year. The results show that after normalization, the score required to find a place in the top percentile bracket is as low as 51.5 for mathematics and 92.5 for English.
A candidate needs to have scored 103.6 in Maths and 185.9 in English out of 200 to be in the top percentile bracket. However, only after students get admitted into institutions like Delhi University, a clear picture for admissions will emerge.
The CUET was introduced as a single gateway exam to bypass the cut-offs due to the different evaluation patterns of different boards. For other humanities subjects, the score that equals the 95 percentile are:
- History – 82.7 per cent or 165.4
- Economics – 87.9 per cent or 175.8
- Psychology – 95.45 per cent or 190.9
- Hindi – 85.5 per cent or 171.09
- Sociology – 78.7 per cent or 157.4
However, the requirements for Science subjects are lower. They include:
- Physics – 71.3 per cent or 105.05
- Chemistry – 64.5 per cent or 129.2
For Commerce Subjects:
- Accountancy – 85.4 per cent or 170.7
- Business Studies – 91.15 per cent or 182.3
This year, DU will not issue a separate merit list for each of its courses. It will issue a common merit list for programs that have the same eligibility criteria. However, a large number of candidates in the high percentile indicate a more competitive admission process.