The CUET exam is expected to be conducted from 21st May 2023 to 31st May 2023. The examination will be conducted in 13 languages. The pattern of the examination is Objective type with Multiple Choice Questions. The examination will consist of four sections.
The CUET syllabus 2023 is prepared by the National Testing Agency by gathering all the important topics that have been featured in the Class 12 books. Nevertheless, the design of the syllabus is to mainly test your curricular knowledge, general awareness and language.
Therefore, it is crucial to understand the syllabus and prepare in a timely manner in order to achieve excellent results in the Common University Entrance Test 2023.
The syllabus for the Common University Entrance Test 2023 is prescribed by the National Testing Agency on the official website. Furthermore, there are three sections in the examination and the syllabus is made available for all three sections. The three sections include:
- Section 1A: Language
- And Section 1B: Language
- Section 2: Domain-Specific subject
- Section 3: General Test
Moreover, the candidates who wish to appear for the CUET examination must prepare the topics for domain-specific subjects from the textbooks of NCERT.
Public Notice by National Testing Agency
The National Testing Agency issued a public notice for CUET, NEET and JEE Mains aspirants on December 15. Explicitly, the public notice notified the important CUET 2023 Exam Dates for the next academic year 2023-2024. The Application process will begin in the first week of February.
Important Facts to Note Down:
- After thoroughly understanding the pattern of the examination, you must check the syllabus.
- The pattern of exams and the National Testing Agency\’s CUET Syllabus 2023 is not common for all. For every student, the syllabus can vary. Moreover, This variation is attributed to the Undergraduate program and the CUET college that you choose to apply.
- Finally, you can refer to the units and chapters after you have understood the exam pattern for a specific undergraduate program.
Common University Entrance Test 2023 – NTA Exam Pattern Overview
The CUET exam is expected to be conducted from 21st May 2023 to 31st May 2023. Presently, the examination will be conducted in 13 languages. Significantly, the pattern of the examination is Objective type with Multiple Choice Questions. Moreover, the examination will consist of four sections.
Specifically, according to the marking scheme, 5 marks will be given for a correct answer and one mark will be subtracted for an incorrect answer. Chiefly, the Language section will be valued at 200 marks for any one of the 13 languages opted in Section IA. Moreover, the Domain-Specific Subject section will be valued at 200 marks for a maximum of two subjects. Finally, the General Test section will be valued at 300 marks.
Common University Entrance Test 2023 – Section wise breakup
The questions for language and general test topics will be asked from Classes 8 and above. Presently, the entrance exam will include four sections according to the CUET exam pattern. Particularly, the Common University Entrance Test syllabus 2023 for section 2 includes subjects of Class 12.
- Section 1A: Language test
- And Section 1B: Language test
- Section 2: Domain-specific test
- Section 3: General aptitude test
CUET Syllabus 2023 for Section 1: Language Test (Sections 1A & 1B) formulated by the NTA
The list of languages in Section 1A is given below:
The list of languages in Section 1B is given below:
The language section consists of 40 questions. Moreover, the questions given in the language section must be answered in 45 minutes.
The language section is the first section of the exam. Chiefly, in the language section, the questions will test the proficiency of the students in the language that they have chosen. Further, the questions will be in the form of comprehension passages. Moreover, their knowledge of grammar and their fundamentals in vocabulary will be tested.
- The candidates, in the comprehension section, will be evaluated on the basis of their understanding of a passage. They must be able to decode the central theme of the passage, the meanings of words that have been used therein and so on.
- In the grammar section, the candidate will have to correct the sentences that are grammatically incorrect, fill in the given blanks with appropriate words and so on.
- Moreover, for the English Vocabulary section, students must prepare 1000 to 2000 synonyms and antonyms.
CUET Syllabus 2023 for Section 2: Domain-Specific Subjects Test formulated by the NTA
There are 27 subjects included in the domain-specific section. Also, according to the exam pattern, out of these 27 subjects, a candidate must choose any six domain subjects. Moreover, for the Domain-Specific Subjects section, negative marking is applicable. Evidently, NCERT textbooks are the source from which multiple-choice questions are framed in the domain-specific section.
Regardless, in this section, 40 questions must be attempted out of 50. Moreover, for each domain-specific subject, the duration is 45 minutes.
From the example given below, you can know how the pattern differs for each college and UG program.
- Specifically, a candidate is expected to give one language subject in section 1 for Delhi University Common University Entrance Test.
- Also, as per the exam pattern, a candidate must choose 6 program-specific domain subjects in section 2 which has been prescribed on the official website of CUET.
- Moreover, Section 3 is not compulsory. However, students who wish to take admissions at Delhi University are recommended to attend this section. For general tests as well, a candidate must choose program-specific topics.
Thus, below are the subjects that must be chosen for the domain-specific section. Certainly, this will help the students in enhancing their Common Universities Entrance Test Preparation.
- Knowledge Tradition and Practices of India
- Physical Education/ NCC/ Yoga
- Fine Arts/ Visual Arts (Sculpture/ Painting)/ Commercial Arts
- Biology/ Biological Studies/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry
- Computer Science/ Informatics Practices
- Engineering Graphics
- Environmental Science
- Mass Media/ Mass Communication
- Performing Arts
- Business Studies
- Legal Studies
- Home Science
- Political Science
- Teaching Aptitude
CUET Syllabus 2023 for Section 3: General Aptitude Test formulated by the NTA
In the General test, the question paper tests the knowledge of the candidates in the following areas:
- Current Affairs and General Knowledge
- Numerical Ability
- General Mental Ability
- Quantitative Reasoning – This part includes the Simple application of basic mathematical concepts such as arithmetic, geometry, algebra, statistics and mensuration taught until Grade 8.
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning
However, this section is not compulsory for many colleges and programs. Delhi University and other top universities encourage students to attend this section in order to avail themselves of admission into all UG programs. Undoubtedly, in this section, 60 Questions must be attempted out of 75. Moreover, the duration is 60 minutes.
This article has covered the entire syllabus of the Common University Entrance Test 2023 test for all possible sections. Moreover, all the students are guided by the National Testing Agency with the units that must be covered under each section. Also, this will help in easing their journey of preparation.
Moreover, candidates can easily prepare for the CUET examination during their period of Class 12 study as the syllabus of CUET is covered majorly only from Class 12 books of the NCERT. Also, it is anticipated that the Common University Entrance Test will be conducted twice next year. Thus, the candidates must take advantage of the best resources and do their preparation efficiently in the best way.
Thank you for reading! Please submit your details in the link below in order to help us reach out and help you with your college admission queries.
To know about counselling for Abroad studies and more Information like this make sure to visit our site Collzy now!