Mahatma Gandhi College was established in 1982 in Iritty and it is affiliated with Kannur University. The College is accredited with an ‘A’ Grade by NAAC.
Courses Offered by Mahatma Gandhi College in the Undergraduate Level:
Eligible for Candidates having passed 10+2 or equivalent in the relevant stream.
- B.Sc. Mathematics
- B.Sc. Physics
- B.Sc. Computer Science
Courses Offered by Mahatma Gandhi College in the Postgraduate Level:
Eligible for Candidates having passed Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in the relevant stream.
- M.Sc. Mathematics
College Facilities :
- Mahatma Gandhi College is equipped with a library consisting of over ten thousand books and reference books. The Library also subscribes to newspapers in Malayalam, English and many Periodicals/ Journals. It also has a separate reading room for the users. The students are provided with relevant books and reference volumes for their education purpose and open access system is followed. A network resource centre is installed with six computer systems for gaining greater exposure to the world of knowledge.
- The hostel has fifteen well-furnished rooms and provides accommodation for students who come from distant regions. Facilities such as study hall, prayer hall, dining room and kitchen are provided for the students residing there.
- Three computer labs are installed in the college with eighty state-of-the-art computer systems along with a Broadband internet facility. The College also has a Physics lab which enables the students to gain proper and adequate exposure.
- The College also has a canteen which servers hygienic, nutritious and tasty foods at a reasonable and subsidized rate. There is also a separate dining room for the students and staff. The Medi-Care Centre ensures general health facilities and organizes general health awareness programmes, Medical Camps, health-related Community activities for the public, etc.
- Textbooks, Notebooks and Stationery items are available in the College store to which a reprographic centre is attached so that students can have photocopies of books and study materials.
- Tutorial Council functions to address the personal problems of the students by taking individual care and attention of the students. Remedial Coaching Class is conducted for Weak students and depending upon the necessity, professional counselling is given to students with the help of a clinical psychologist.
- Students with an economically unsound background and meritorious ones are provided with scholarships such as Central sector scheme of scholarships, Post matric Scholarship, Suvarna Jubilee Merit Scholarship, Scholarship for physically handicapped students, Scholarship to Muslim girl students, etc.
Placement Cell :
- The Career Guidance and Placement Cell provides various courses and career opportunities to the students. The Cell organizes seminars, coaching classes for competitive exams, soft skill training and provides career and placement guidance. It also facilitates the students with reference material for career books.