- Canada is an excellent country in which students wish to study Ph.D. studies on a scholarship as it is one of the safe, stable, open and welcoming countries. Canada has several scholarships that can help solve the problem of spending great costs and here are a few of them specified below:
- Ontario Trillium Scholarship – Western University:
- If you wish to be admitted to a western university, you must express your interest to the graduate program chair in order to be nominated for the OTS. You must be an international student who is willing to be physically present at the time of study in the university.
- You must also not be registered with any other Canadian institution and have an excellent record and research experience. You must also demonstrate English language proficiency and must have achieved a minimum of 80% in your most recent year of study which must have been full-time. Successful candidates will be awarded 40000 Canadian dollars which can be renewed for four years.
2. University of Alberta:
- The University provides a scholarship of CAD 26 million every year and you are eligible for this one-off Graduate Entrance scholarship worth CAD 21,000 which cannot be renewed. You can hold any number of University awards with this scholarship.
3. University of Montreal:
- The University attracts over 45,000 students of which 8,500 students are from abroad. The University is fourth in Canada for the volume of research activities. You can apply for the Mackenzie King Scholarship and University of Montreal exemption grant along with the Doctoral scholarship.
4. University of British Columbia:
- The University offers a four-year doctoral fellowship in which you will receive CAD 18200 as an annual stipend and full tuition coverage for up to four years. All Ph.D. applicants are qualified for this scholarship and the scholarship is awarded for the best applicants.
5. University of Lethbridge:
- This is one of Canada’s top three research universities and the University of Lethbridge Graduate Research Award has been designed for incoming graduate applicants of all disciplines. The Scholarship provides a value of up to CAD 21,000 and can be combined with Graduate Assistantship or any other research stipend.
6. University of Windsor:
- Ph.D. scholars can apply for a graduate entrance scholarship for up to four years that provides an amount worth CAD 7,500. To be eligible for this scholarship, the candidate must have achieved a minimum of 80% average. You may also receive an amount of CAD 15,000 of funding depending on the months you have completed your Ph.D. studies at that time.