- The Canadian government is targeting 431,645 permanent residents this year under the Immigration Levels plan 2022-2024 to boost Canadian Immigration due to the labour market shortages. This target marks an increase from the initial plan of the government to welcome just 411,000 immigrants in 2022.
- The plan is to increase Canadian immigration numbers annually for the next three years with 447,055 newcomers in 2023 and 451,100 newcomers in 2024. The new immigrants will arrive through the economic class admissions either through the Provincial Nominee Program, Temporary to Permanent Resident Program pathway, Express Entry route and the family class will comprise 24% of admission targets for this year.
- Canada proves to be the world’s top study destination and international students in Canada are eligible for a post-graduation work permit after completing their studies for a certain time which helps them work in Canada after their study.
- The PGWP doesn’t lead to permanent settlement automatically and for that, students must apply for Canadian Immigration. The Express Entry route is the most popular one as having a Canadian degree and work experience helps increase one’s eligibility for permanent residency.
- The Canadian Immigration Lawyers Association has released a statement cautioning the government against accepting new immigrants due to the massive immigration visa backlogs which are 1.8 million including immigration, study permit and citizenship applications.
To know about Career Counselling services in India and more Information like this make sure to register yourself at Collzy now !