- St. Ann’s College for Women was established in 1983 in Hyderabad. The college has been accorded A+ grade by NAAC and awarded with the “College with Potential for Excellence” by the UGC. It is affiliated with Osmania University.
Courses offered by St. Ann’s College for Women at the Undergraduate Level:
Eligible for candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent in the relevant stream.
- B.Sc. Physical Sciences (4 Courses)
- B.Sc. Biological Sciences (8 Courses)
- B.A. (6 Courses)
- B.Com. (6 Courses)
Courses offered by St. Ann’s College for Women at the Postgraduate Level:
Eligible for candidates who have passed Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant stream.
- M.B.A. (3 Courses)
- M.Sc. (3 Courses)
- PG Diploma (3 Courses)
College Facilities :
- The Campus is placed on a sprawling expanse of 4 acres. It is equipped with a Library that consists of a variety of collections in various disciplines. It has a total of 85000 books, 1200 Back volumes, 2500 CD’s and DVD’s, 126 Journals, 12 Newspapers and various e-resources such as 500 e-books, e-journals and more. The Library also extends services such as Reprography, Previous year question papers, Book Exhibits, etc
- St. Ann’s College for Women develops and maintains undergraduate and postgraduate research programs for the benefit of the students, faculty and the university through a centralized interdisciplinary research lab, SACReD. Through SACReD, the college creates awareness and opportunities in Research and Development and provides a platform for design thinking and sharing information.
- The Research centre is equipped with various facilities such as a Computer with net connectivity, LCD projector, Product analysis software for qualitative and quantitative analysis including a Library and reading room.
- St. Ann’s College for Women also provides other facilities such as the Information and Communication Technology Centre, Centre for Women’s studies, Entrepreneurship Development Cell, Outreach, Sanskriti, Skill and Hands-on movement for the welfare of the students.
- Well-equipped laboratories for Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Genetics, Nutrition, Biochemistry, Bio-Technology, Psychology, state-of-the-art computer centre and a Museum are facilitated for the students. Language labs for English and French are provided for effective learning of the students. Students can also avail other resources like Media Studio, Health Centre, Net Resource Centre and Diet Counselling Centre.
- St. Ann’s College for Women aids the students who are economically backward by distributing government and private scholarships such as Social Welfare Scholarships, National Merit Scholarships, State Merit Scholarships, Sports Scholarships, Minorities Welfare Department Scholarships and so on.
Extra Curricural Activities :
- Students also take part in various clubs and activities such as the National Service Scheme, National Cadet Corps, Environment Education, Commerce House of Emerging Entrepreneurs, Rotaract Club, Eco Club, Science Club, Consumer Cell.
- Physical Education is conducted for the students by identifying talented students and giving specialized coaching in the relevant sports discipline. Students play games such as Throwball, Volleyball, Basketball, Handball, Kabaddi, Tennikoit, Chess, Carrom, Table Tennis, Judo and many more. Yoga and Meditation are also conducted for the students to enable them to have sound harmony between body, mind and soul.
Placement Cell :
- Career Counselling & Guidance for competitive examinations like Civil Services, UGC-NET and SET are organized for the students which enhance employability competence and extends support in choosing a career. Books on aptitude tests, verbal skills, facing interviews, video lessons and Previous Question papers are available for the students. Remedial Classes are organized for slow learners and bridge courses are conducted to bridge the gap between the knowledge of students at the entry level and the pre-requisites for the following course.
- The Career Guidance and Placement Cell works on organizing mock interviews, group discussions, seminars and guest lectures by eminent persons from Academic and Industries. This cell organizes placement for the final years, conducts career counselling sessions for the second and final years and internships. Some notable recruiters include Tech Mahindra, Deloitte, Corteva, Genpact, Wipro, Infosys, Skillstride, HGS, TCS, Cognizant, Amazon, HDFC, etc.