- Are you looking to pursue your Masters’s Degree in the USA? Are you confused about the admission process for admissions into Masters’s courses in the USA? Don’t worry! Here, we’ll take up all the important points that one needs to know by heart before applying for their masters at a college or a university in the USA.
Read on to discover the details.
MS Course In USA- Overview
A master’s degree is earned after completing the undergraduate degree. It essentially requires about 30-36 credits of coursework and spans for a duration of 2 years of studying in the United States.
MS courses in the USA are awarded in the field of sciences, engineering, medicine, Finance, Marketing, Economics, Global Logistics & Supply Chain Management, Human Resource Management, and in any major of your choice.
MS Course in USA Eligibility
The entrance exams that you need to qualify for admissions in a UG program in the USA are-
- GRE or Graduate Record Examination
- English Language Test (IELTS/TOEFL) which is held to test a candidate’s language fluency.
- Apart from these, students need to have academic transcripts, letters of reference, and an essay or statement of purpose with them while applying for admissions into an MS Course in the USA.
MS Course in USA Intake and Application Deadlines
The admissions process for an MS Course in the USA takes place two times a year- once in spring and the second time in Fall.
- Fall semesters – September to December
- Spring Semesters – January and May
Fall is the most active time for college admissions because only a handful of colleges and universities accept admissions in spring. Plus, did you know? A high number of scholarships and financial aids are granted only during the fall admissions.
We recommend that you apply for admissions early because educational institutes might take 8-10 weeks to process the applications.
MS Course in USA Duration
- MS course in the USA generally lasts for 1.5 – 2 years, however, there is a few Masters’ program that lasts for about a year.
MS Course in USA Tuition Fees
- The cost of pursuing a course depends upon the type of degree you are pursuing or the college/university from where you are pursuing your degree. Generally, the average tuition cost is US $ 25,000-60,000 and the average Living: US $ 10,000-12,000. This again is just rough ideation and would depend upon a variety of factors.
- International candidates can apply for several scholarship programs and financial aids granted by the government and the universities on a merit basis such as InlaksShivdasani Foundation Scholarships, Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarship, and American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship.
MS Course in USA Important Documents for admissions:
Students who want to pursue an MS course in the USA must have the following documents available with them during the time of admissions:
- Previous Education Marks Sheets (Class 9, 10, 11, and 12, Bachelor’s, Diploma)
- Official Test Score Reports
- Scanned Copy of Passport
- Financial Documents
- Letters of Recommendations
Why choose to study a MS Course in the USA?
Take a look at what makes the USA a preferred destination for pursuing a Master’s degree by international students:
Encourages Real-Would Knowledge
The courses offered in the universities grant practical real-world knowledge. This gives the student the opportunity to learn things instead of just memorizing factual information. The curriculums are designed to help students prepare to refine their skills and challenge themselves at every point so that they can create a better version of themselves.
Infrastructure and Resource
The USA has seven of the elite universities that have been ranked at the top all across the world. These universities have the best infrastructure, experienced faculty, and many other resources for quality research works.
Whether it’s the opportunity to experience various cultures of the world, or the opportunity to meet some of the most talented people in this world, there are many perks to get your Masters from a college in the USA!
MS Course in the USA Important Facts
- US universities demand 16 years of education to consider you eligible to apply for an MS degree in the USA. However, colleges such as Dartmouth (Tuck), Fuqua (Duke), Southern California (Marshall), MIT, Cornell (Johnson) also accept candidates with 15 years of education to reckon them as eligible for applying for a Master’s degree.
Common Mistakes to Avoid While Applying for MS Course in the USA
- Start preparing for entrance exams for Master’s such as GMAT/GRE/TOEFL/IELTS from an early phase and do wait until you’ve completed your Bachelor’s to commence your preparation.
- Do quality research about your course and the educational institute before applying for admissions.
- Build a good resume during your college years and be authentic with your essay. University authorities can see through you and your false words written in the essay.
MS Course in USA Top Colleges
Check out the top MS courses that you can pursue in the USA:
- MS in Computer Science
- MS in Electrical Engineering
- MS in Nuclear Engineering
- MS in Game Design
- MS in Life Sciences
- MS in Food Studies
- MS in Agricultural Engineering
- MS in Human Resources with specialization
- MS in Finance
MS Course in USA Top Colleges
Check out the list of top universities in the USA for Masters programs according to the 2021 Times Higher Education World University Rankings:
- California Institute of Technology
- Stanford University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Princeton University
- Harvard University
- Yale University
- University of Chicago
MS in USA Salary and Job opportunities
Top job opportunities for international candidates after completing their Masters:
- Software Developer
Median Salary: $103,560
- Architectural and Engineering Manager
Median Salary: $137,720/year
- Petroleum Engineer
Median Salary: $132,280/year
- Health Manager
Median Salary: $98,350/year
- Nurse Anesthetist
Median Salary: $165,120/year
- Nurse Practitioner
Median Salary: $103,880/year
- Financial Manager
Median Salary: $125,080/year
Top industries in the USA that employ International Masters Graduate:
- Financial services
- Life Sciences
- Consumer products and services
- Logistics and transportation
- Business products and services
Top companies in the USA that employ international Masters Graduate:
- Alsaka Air
- General Motors
- UnitedHealth Group
What to do After Completing your MS Course in the USA?
The F1 visa permits the students to stay for another 60 days after completion of their Master’s degree. After this, you need to apply for one of the following visas:
- Optional Practical Training (OPT) offers up to 12 months of OPT employment.
- Post-completion OPT offers the opportunity to work either part-time or full-time and stay in the USA for up to 12 months.
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) offers a 24-month extension on a student’s post-completion OPT, but only if they have been given the initial 12-month post-completion OPT.
- The H-1B visa offers the opportunity to work for up to 6 years in the US.
Did you find this blog informative? If so, do not forget to subscribe, share and revisit us for similar content!
Follow us at www.collzy.com!