- Australia remains one of the top picks for Masters throughout the world. A lot of factors, including excellent faculty, reputed universities, grand infrastructure, rumors of quality job placements, and so on lure in students from all over the world to apply for admissions at the top-tier institutes in Australia.
- But, is pursuing a Master’s in Australia worth it? What is the difference in the Australian education system? How can it benefit me in the future? What are the course fees?
- Okay, okay, we get you covered on all your doubts in this blog!
- Read on to discover the eligibility, fees details, and other important details regarding pursuing an MS program from Australia.
MS in Australia- Overview
- MS Programs in Australia are for 1-2 years. Candidates from all over the world apply for admissions to Masters in different streams and fields of studies. The Australian Universities have a range of programs for you to pick your major from. All the programs are strategically designed to give you a detailed insight into all the necessary details regarding your course. It also focuses to build your practical understanding of subjects and nurtures a student with knowledge from a corporate angle so that they can get easily score a high-paying job after graduation.
MS in Australia Eligibility
Check out a list of things to keep in mind before applying for admissions to an MS course in Australia.
- Strong Academic Credentials are required with an undergraduate degree of 3-4 years is the minimum educational qualification needed to be eligible for admission to MS courses in Australia.
- Appearing for SAT is not mandatory, however, your IELTS scores are required for admissions. Do keep a lookout for all the eligibility criteria for different universities, as they may slightly vary. Some MS programs in Australia do require you to take the SATs.
- Candidates with excellent extracurricular activity records are given priority during the admissions for Masters at Australian Universities. Candidates should actively participate in Model United Nations, Olympiads, Declamations, etc, during under graduation or during the school days. This shall help one build self-confidence and a good academic record.
MS in Australia Intake and Application Deadlines
Most academic semesters begin in March in the Australian Universities; however, variations are seen depending upon the type of course. A Master’s course spans for 1-2 years and is generally divided into 2-3 semesters.
The admission process can take place in:
- July or January
- September or October
MS in Australia Duration
- The duration of MS courses in Australia generally spans 1-2 years.
MS in Australia Tuition Fees
- The average cost of pursuing an undergraduate degree in Australia is AUD 20,000-37,000 per annum. Alongside this expense, the cost-of-living ranges from AUD 20,000 per annum.
MS in Australia Important Documents:
Students who are looking to take admissions for MS in Australia must have the following documents available:
- Marks Sheets from previous educational qualifications
- Official Test Score Reports
- Scanned Copy of Passport
- Financial Documents
- Letters of Recommendations
- IELTS scores
- Student Visa
Student Visa Important Terms and Provisions
Check out the important terms and conditions that one needs to keep in mind before applying for Australian student visas for pursuing their Master’s.
- Candidates need to apply for a student visa (called a Subclass 500) online. This should be done12 weeks before the start of one’s Master’s program. The validity of the visa lasts for the duration of the Master’s program and an additional 2-3 months.
- Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment along with scanned documents of education, work experience, and all other essential documents mentioned above should be submitted to the institute during the admission process.
- Submission of the Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) during the admissions to assess and confirms the applicant’s intention to stay in Australia. The GTE contains a written statement and addresses factors like:
- Candidates reason to study in Australia and not in their own native country.
- Why the candidate opted to pursue their higher studies in Australia and details on how studying will Australia will benefit them in the long run.
- Details of academic gaps, employment history
- Detail information on the economic circumstances in the candidate’s native country.
- Any academic gaps
- Employment history
- Candidates might be called for a visa interview, a medical exam, and verification of criminal records.
- It takes 26-45 days for the overall Visa application to be processed.
- The processing time after the interview is 26 to 45 days
Why choose to study an MS in Australia?
Take a look at what makes Australia a preferred destination for abroad studies for students:
- As of the QS University Rankings 2018, 7 Australian universities have their names in the Top 100 list. The Australian National University (Rank 20), The University of Melbourne (Rank 41) and The University of New South Wales (Rank 45), and The University of Queensland (Rank 47) are some of the examples of the top educational institutes in Australia.
- Exposure to several career opportunities, and job prospects.
- The cost of studying MS courses in Australia and living is slightly less in comparison to the pursuit of MS courses in other countries.
- Exposure to a wide array of cultures.
- The universities give the Freedom to pick a major of their choice from a diverse array of opportunities that are waiting to be seized.
MS in Australia Top Colleges
Check out the top MS courses in Australia that you can pursue:
- Bachelor of Engineering
- Bachelor of Architecture
- Bachelor in Communication
- Bachelor’s in Life Science
- Bachelor of Science in Public Affairs
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Philosophy
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Design with
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management
MS in Australia Field of Study
- Environmental Science
- Business/Management Studies
- Applied Computing
- Computer Systems
MS in Australia Top Universities
Check out the list of universities in Australia that offer a Master’s Degree:
- The Australian National University
- The University of Sydney
- The University of Melbourne
- The University of Queensland
- The University of New South Wales
- Monash University
- The University of Adelaide
- The University of Western Australia
Work Permits after MS courses in Australia
- Apply for a part-time work permit at the Australian Tax Office by submitting your Student Visa.
- The part-timing norms allow students to work 20 hours per week, and not more than 40 hours in two weeks. The amount of time you’re allowed to work for during vacations is limitless.
Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485)
- Candidates can apply for this visa if they want to work in Australia after completing their Master’s.
- Those who have completed a coursework Master’s receive a 2-year visa and those who have graduated with Masters graduate get a 3-year visa.
- According to this visa, candidates can work for a maximum of 37 hours per week.
To know more Information like this make sure to register yourself at Collzy now !