- If you are a dedicated student looking for MBBS admissions here, then you are just at the right place. We at Collzy are here to help you and guide you throughout the entire process of MBBS admissions, and we’ll ensure that you get qualified for some of the most prestigious colleges in India.
- To wear an esteem white Doctor’s coat is the vision or as we can say a dream of every student who passed their 12th with physics chemistry and maths and what to become a doctor.
But is it easy to achieve this dream?
Well, we are here to make it easy for you.
- Students who want to get direct admission in MBBS in colleges in India must clearly know about all the MBBS admissions procedures. The process includes the number of seats available, reservation criteria, eligibility criteria, admissions through management quota, admissions in government colleges and the fees structure of the medical course.
- Applicants are required to sit for national-level entrance examinations conducted all over the country in order to qualify for medical colleges.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) is a professional UG degree in medical science for aspirants who want to fulfil their dream and pursue their career as a doctor. An MBBS degree means that the person becomes a certified medical practitioner. The duration of the course is for 5.5 years, including one year of mandatory internship.
- The key to success for the applicants to take admissions in any state’s medical and dental college is- to successfully qualify in the competitive national level entrance examinations. Applicants can qualify for MBBS admissions after successfully passing the national level NEET examination, which is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Other than NEET, candidates can also apply for AIIMS and JIPMER national level exams which are all also held all over the country.
- NEET: – The National Eligibility and Entrance Test is an entrance examination in India for students who want to pursue MBBS and BDS in government or private medical and dental colleges in India. The NEET entrance exam is now conducted by the National Testing Agency. Prior to 2019, the exam was administered by CBSE. In NEET, the questions are asked from subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. There are 45 questions from each section. Four marks are allotted for every correct answer while one mark is deducted for every wrong answer. No marks are deducted for un-attempted questions. The time allotted for the exam is 3 hours.
Candidates who successfully fulfill the eligibility criteria can appear for direct MBBS admissions via NEET. The eligibility criteria for direct MBBS admissions is that the applicants: –
- Must be of the age of 17 years or must have completed 17years by the 31st of December of the year of admission.
- Must be a Citizens of India, Persons of Indian Origin, Non-Resident Indians, Overseas Citizens of India or foreign nationals.
- Must have completed class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics Chemistry, Biology and English with an aggregate of 50%marks or 40% in case of reserved category. Qualifying marks for different categories are: –
- General – 50%
- OBC/SC/ST – 40%
- Persons with Disability (PwD) – 45%
- Must appear for national level entrance exam – NEET
- Can attempt to appear for NEET exam thrice after which they will be restricted to apply.
The applicants are selected according to their ranking. During the counselling sessions are allotted seats as per the availability in the colleges. Once the NEET results are declared the merit list of selected candidates is announced. For the counselling process, applicants are advised to register themselves and verify their original documents for the allotment of seats. The documents required during NEET counselling must be original and with attested photocopies. The documents are: –
- NEET Admit Card
2. NEET Rank Card
3. Class 10 and 12th Certificate and Marksheet
4.Passport size Photographs
6. Identity Proof
7. Character and Migration Certificate
To learn more about the MBBS admissions procedure and guidelines for NEET examination like date, syllabus, exam rules and regulation, and other significant details related to colleges, you can contact the Collzy team.