- Cachar College was established on 20 June 1960 in Silchar, India to meet the growing needs of higher education in the region. Cachar College is a co-education institution that is affiliated with Assam University. With 18 active departments, the college hosts nearly 3000 students. This college is recognized by the UGC under sections 2(f) and 12(B) and is also accredited by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with A-PLUS status.
- Cachar College offers a two-year higher secondary (10+2) course and a three-year under graduation course in Arts, Commerce, and Science streams in addition to a few self-financing career-oriented programs. Reservations are present for students belonging to Scheduled Class, Scheduled Tribe, OBC, MOBC, Tea Association of India, and Surma Valley Branch of Indian Tea Association during admissions to the respective courses.
Higher Secondary Programs (10+2)
- Cachar College offers a 2-year intermediate course in Science, Arts and Commerce Streams and follows the administrative and academic prospects laid down by the Assam Higher Secondary Council, AHSEC. All examinations in these two years are conducted by AHSEC. The college runs in two shift-day and afternoon- system.
ELIGIBILITY: Based on class 10 or equivalent merit scores.
NO. OF SEATS:
- 300 seats are available for Arts Stream
- 240 seats are available for Commerce Stream
- 120 seats are available for Science Stream
Under graduation Programs :
- Cachar College provides a 3-year UG degree in Arts, Commerce and Science acknowledged as B.A., B.Com. and B.Sc. respectively. These courses are provided under the affiliation of the Assam University, Silchar.
ELIGIBILITY: Based on class 12th or equivalent merit scores.
Number Of Seats:
- B.Sc. – 150 seats
- B.Sc. in Botany, Chemistry, Economics, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Zoology – 25 seats each
- B. com II Shift – 300 seats
- B. Com – 150 seats
- B.Sc. Economics and BA Economic – 25 each
- BA – 150 seats
- BA II Shift – 125 seats
- BA in Arabic, Bengali, English, History, Manipuri, Philosophy, Political Science, Sanskrit – 25 seats each
Self-Financing Career-oriented Programs :
- Cacher College also provides a few self-financing career-oriented programs that can be pursued alongside a regular UG degree. The students are provided a certificate/diploma by Cacher College and Assam University on completing the course.
- The programs under this include a 1-year certificate course, 2-year diploma course and a 3-year advance diploma course in Business Insurance, Computer Application and Office Management and Secretarial Practice.
- Cacher college has a 6-acre campus. It also has a well-stocked library and a book bank associated with the Central Library. The college provides hostel facilities for girls only. Cacher college has a pretty good infrastructure and houses a gymnasium, health centre, canteen and a central computer centre.
- The Aid and Award Committee of the college is responsible for providing financial aids to the meritorious students in need. Soumyajit Guha Merit Award is given to the top students in Bengali and Economic Honours.
PLACEMENT CELL :
- While there isn’t a very active placement cell, the college conducts seminars, workshops, and placement drives for their students to expose them to practical knowledge outside of academics.
- We have tried including every relevant information with regards to Cacher College in this blog. Collzy is always ready to help students across the country to choose only the best colleges for themselves.
- We want to sincerely help you build your career and education. From shortlisting colleges to monitoring your application, let us make this educational journey a little easier for you!
- Follow our social for regular updates :