- Christian College was established in 1965 in Kattakada by Rev. Legg, the erstwhile Bishop of South Kerala Diocese. The College is affiliated with the University of Kerala and accredited by NAAC with a ‘B’ grade.
Courses Offered by Christian College at the Undergraduate Level:
Eligible for Candidates having passed 10+2 or equivalent in the relevant stream.
- B.Sc. (Botany/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Physics/ Statistics/ Zoology)
- B.A. (Economics/ History/ Political Science/ English)
Courses Offered by Christian College at the Postgraduate Level:
Eligible for Candidates having passed Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant stream.
- M.Sc. (Botany/ Chemistry/ Physics)
- Ph.D. program is offered in Botany and Chemistry by Christian College for Candidates who have passed a Master’s degree or equivalent in the relevant stream.
College Facilities :
- Students are facilitated with various clubs such as the Eco Club, Forestry Club, Environment Club, Health Club, Media Club, Quiz Club, Debating Club, Literary Club, Tourism Club, English Club, Hindi Club, Women’s Club and the Entrepreneurship Development Club for the benefit of the students to nurture their talents.
- The College also consists of other cells such as Women’s Redressal and Study Cell which promotes activities that uplift the women’s aspirations and confidence, Counselling Cell which aims to mold the students into better citizens of tomorrow by helping them gain confidence and develop a positive outlook and the Poor Aid Cell to identify the poor students of the college and provides them financial support.
- A remedial coaching system is conducted to improve the academic skills and linguistic proficiency of the students in various subjects. The tutorial system ensures personal care, individual attention and learner analysis by forming small groups and assigning each with a tutor who personally looks after the students.
- Laboratory Facilities such as Computer Lab, Networking Lab, Biotechnology Lab, Microbiology Lab, Tissue Culture Lab, Biochemistry Lab, Instrumentation Lab, Physical Chemistry Lab, Spectroscopic Lab and many more are available for the students along with sophisticated instruments such as FT-IR, UV-Visible Spectrophotometer, E-Spin Nanotech Machine and PCR.
- Christian College also provides facilities for differently-abled students which include Assisted toilets, Physical facilities like a wheelchair, Ramps with reels and Examination facilities like Scribe.
- Christian College Campus is equipped with a Canteen, Co-operative Store, Central Library, Department Library and a Yoga Centre. The College is also equipped with a Women’s Hostel with good accommodation. The College also provides bus facilities for the students.
Extra Curricural Activities :
Students also take part in other programs such as the Sports, National Service Scheme, National Cadet Corps and Walk with a Scholar programme. Additional Skill Acquisition Programme works on equipping the students with skills in communication, IT and areas of industry and service sectors and the Scholar support programme strengthen academically weaker students.
Student Scholarship is provided for those who are economically backward and meritorious such as Post metric Scholarship, State merit Scholarship, District merit scholarship, Merit scholarship to the children of school teachers, Hindi scholarship, Muslim Nadar girls scholarship, Sanskrit scholarship, Music fine arts scholarship and many more.
Placement Cell :
- The Career Guidance and Placement Cell guides the students towards their higher education and promising careers. Activities such as seminars are conducted to create awareness among the students about different opportunities. A notice pin-up board exhibited in the library displays job opportunities and other information related to the placement of the students
To know more about College Admissions in India do make sure to visit our site Collzy – College Made Easy !