- Providence College for Women was established in 1966 in Bandishola, Coonoor in the state of Tamil Nadu. The College is affiliated with Bharathiar University, Coimbatore and it is reaccredited by NAAC with an A Grade.
Courses offered by Providence College for Women at the Undergraduate Level:
Eligible for candidates having passed 10+2 or equivalent in the relevant stream.
- B.A. [History/ Economics/ English Literature]
- B.Sc. [Mathematics/ Botany]
- Diploma in Cyber Security
Courses offered by Providence College for Women at the Postgraduate Level:
Eligible for candidates having passed Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant stream.
- M.A. [Economics/ English Literature/ History]
- M.Sc. [Mathematics/ Botany/ Computer Science]
- M.Com. [Computer Applications]
- PG Diploma in Aviation Management
Research Programs offered by Providence College for Women:
Eligible for candidates having passed a Master’s degree or equivalent in the relevant stream.
- M.Phil. [Economics/ English Literature/ Mathematics/ Commerce/ Botany/ Computer Science/ History]
- Ph.D. [Economics/ English Literature/ Mathematics/ Commerce/ Computer Science/ History]
College Facilities :
- The Library of Providence College for Women consists of a collection of resources that include 40000 books, 26 periodicals, 23 national journals, 8 international journals, 66 CD’s, 10 newspapers, 20 thesis, 112 dissertations, etc. The Library also provides access to various e-resources under the N-List program and extends services such as circulation, clipping, reference, reprography, internet, a question bank, etc.
- The College consists of laboratories that are well-equipped with the necessary instruments and material to cater to the needs of the students in their practical work and it is manned by well-trained staff to help the students.
- The College provides hostel accommodation to the students with the necessary facilities and amenities. Comfortable stay and good food are provided for the students during their stay along with the necessary facilities for recreation.
- The College canteen provides the students and staff with a variety of food that includes snacks and beverages. Transportation facilities are provided for the students and staff to commute from in and around the city.
Co Curricural Activities :
- The College provides the students with various facilities to take part in indoor and outdoor sports activities that include volleyball, ball badminton, basketball, Kho-Kho, athletics, throwball, table tennis, badminton, etc. The College is also equipped with a fitness centre to take care of the physical and mental well-being of the students.
- The College also encourages the students to take part in various extracurricular activities such as Eco Club, Youth Red Cross, Rotaract Club, Innovation Club, Peace Club, Blood Donors Club, National Service Scheme and National Cadet Corps for their overall development.
Placement Cell :
The Placement Cell of Providence College for Women provides placement opportunities to the students and trains them in various areas related to placement such as skill, aptitude, interviews, group discussions, etc. The College organizes on-campus drives and companies are invited to recruit the students.
- Where is Providence College for Women situated in India?
Providence College for Women is situated in Bandishola, Coonoor in the state of Tamil Nadu.
2.To which University is Providence College for Women affiliated?
Providence College for Women is affiliated with Bharathiar University, Coimbatore and it is reaccredited by NAAC with an A Grade.
3. Does Providence College for Women offer Diploma courses?
Yes, Providence College for Women offers a Diploma program in Cyber Security and PG Diploma in Aviation Management.
4. Does Providence College for Women provide research programs?
Yes, Providence College for Women provides M.Phil. and Ph.D. programs in Economics, English Literature, Mathematics, Commerce, Computer Science and History. The College also offers M.Phil. program in Botany.
5. What are the facilities offered by Providence College for Women?
Providence College for Women offers facilities that include Library, Laboratory, Hostel, Canteen, Transportation, Sports and Placement.
For more information like this and recent updates about your favourite colleges do register yourself at Collzy now !
Follow our social for regular updates :